In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Receptionist is an on-call; per event employee who represents the Iowa Events Center both in person and on the phone as initial contact for prospective clients, the general public, and company inquiries. Receptionist will also assist guests with event questions, information and route necessary calls to appropriate personnel.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Answer incoming calls to the Iowa Events Center
- Assist with guest or clients with general questions
- Create Event Summary packet for General Manager
- Distribute staffing sheets
- Create timesheets
- Daily process incoming mail; sort, open and distribute to various departments
- Promptly and accurately log all incoming checks
- File pay checks/distribute on payday
- Manage lost and found
- Create event folders and turnover letters
- Collect, distribute and log employment applications
- Maintain master event resume binder
- Perform filing or other office related work
- Collect and input all Guest Services availability sheets
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, as events require
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining strong attention to details
- Exceptional customer service skills—professional, outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Excellent computer, typing, data-entry skills in a Windows format. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.