In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Under general direction from the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Manager directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of the Maintenance Department at the Greater Richmond Convention Center. The Maintenance Manager schedules the maintenance technicians and laborers and coordinates the provision of utilities as needed for event activity. As the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of the Center’s infrastructure. Your role will also be responsible for driving continuous improvement of plant operations to enable an efficient operation and maintain a comfortable environment for everyone within the boundaries of the facility.
- Provide overall management of services and activities involved in the maintenance and operations of the facility including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, construction trades, grounds keeping and capital projects
- Select, train, schedule, motivate and evaluate Maintenance Department personnel; provide or coordinate staff training and safety programs; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of assigned programs and functions
- Provide your expertise and leadership to the maintenance staff to ensure an efficient operation and the achievement of departmental goals
- Assist in establishing and monitoring work performance and safety standards. Conduct facility inspections.
- Prioritize, plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance personnel; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; inspect work product of subordinates to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion; meet with staff to review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures and to identify and resolve challenges
- Ensure compliance with the facility’s maintenance standards and reporting requirements
- Assist in the development and administration of the Operations Department budget; forecast additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and obtain approval for all maintenance related expenditures; receive and maintain supplies; make recommendations for, and implement approved budget adjustments as necessary
- Oversee the set-up of utility services for events
- Maintain cost records of work performed and prepare cost estimates as requested; prepare invoices for services rendered that are to be used in event settlement. Track, record and report labor allocations in all areas of functional responsibility
- Develop and maintain accountings for labor, materials and utilities by event and cost category
- Schedule staff and prepare payroll work sheets for departmental personnel
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits as required
- Assist in developing and maintaining Capital Improvement Project reports and recommendations for the facility
- Assist in administering maintenance and service contracts (i.e., HVAC, building automation, vertical transportation, foliage maintenance, fire systems, generators, window cleaning, etc.)
- Solicit and review cost estimates. Oversee and coordinate the work of outside vendors and contractors
- Order parts and supplies. Control and monitor departmental inventory of tools, supplies and equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience professionally performing a variety of facility maintenance tasks and working with contractors in a medium to large facility.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibility
- Vocational training in the facility maintenance field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management, Engineering or a related field
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current CPR certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver’s license
- Possession of one or more Virginia Tradesman licenses