In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing foods to be served to guests throughout the venue. The Line Cook will often have direct contact with the public working in areas such as a buffet line slicing meats or preparing dishes to order. The Line Cook must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
This position is based at Lockhart Stadium – Inter Miami CF in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This venue will house 30 acres of green space to include proposed amenities such as youth soccer fields, a park, and a community center, all open to the public. Inter Miami CF plans to launch its first two MLS seasons in Fort Lauderdale. To learn more about this venue, please visit https://www.intermiamicf.com/
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
- Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
- Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance required for kitchen equipment.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Responsible for observing and testing foods to ensure proper cooking.
- Responsible for portioning, arranging and garnishing food plates for delivery to guests.
- Responsible for consulting with Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor to plan menus and estimate expected food consumption.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Previous cook or prep cook experience
- Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations
- ServSafe preferred
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.