In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
A Guest Service Attendant is an on-call, per event employee who will act as primary provider of direct service to guests as they are entertained at the Iowa Events Center. They are responsible for providing a safe environment for our guests and ensuring all service needs are met. Guest Service Attendants will work in positions as needed including; usher, ticket taker, suite staff and door guards.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance to all guests
- Greet and scan tickets as guests enter the building
- Greet and usher guests to their seats.
- Provide directional assistance to guests throughout facility
- Control and monitor all access to all restricted areas for events
- Provide a safe and secure environment for the Iowa Events Center
- Report actual/suspected violations of IEC policies, procedures, rules or regulations to your supervisor.
- Complete an incident report on a timely basis, as required
- Ensure emergency exits are clear at all times, and assist guests with special needs exit safely
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by directing guests to emergency exits
- Move around to various positions/locations as event needs
- Hand out materials to guests as needed for events
- Follow all event procedures and safety standards
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to all clients
- All other duties assigned by Guest Services Manager or Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Customer service experience and exceptional customer service, communication skills.
- Comfortable working with the public with an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team, remaining flexible in your role
- Ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work the majority of Arena events at the Iowa Events Center.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.