In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Here is the recipe for a stimulating and exciting opportunity! We are OVG Hospitality. We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef at Stormont Vail Events Center. Your primary duty will be managing the culinary team and all aspects of the kitchen’s daily activities to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability and a positive, productive and compliant work environment. This is a crucial position for the success and profitable operation of the business! The Executive Chef must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Your professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills and self-direction; as well as your detail orientation, ability to multi-task, and prioritize in a continuously changing environment are attributes to success.
Essential Job Functions:
As our Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing the direction of the kitchen’s daily activities of the culinary team including event planning support, scheduling, food service preparation, and production. In addition you will be responsible for cost control, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, cleaning, kitchen safety, employee training and supervision, and any other tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing, developing and mentoring staff of full-time, and part-time culinary employees, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing, and disciplining
- Ensuring event staff is aware of workplace expectations; providing on-going assistance, training, and mentoring to event staff; promoting a positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative workplace environment
- Ensuring that budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, inventory rotation measures, receiving and storage procedures, and waste control
- Controlling labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of employees; responsible for monitoring breaks, and break documentation for kitchen staff
- Developing menus, ensuring quality, consistency, and style of concept are maintained
- Monitoring production of culinary preparation, recipe specifications, and dishes served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary, and quality standards are met
- Other duties as required
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
As our Executive Chef, you must have the skills and experience necessary for this position.
Additional requirements include:
- Technical proficiency and experience and demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods
- Ability to develop results-oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling; ability to assist others in developing needed skills for effective job performance
- Ability to positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results
- Ability to use initiative, recognize problems and to creatively and expeditiously find solutions; solid decision-maker
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 6-10 year Food Service experience in a full service restaurant or events/venue
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting projected costs
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word/Excel/Outlook
- Maintains a current Food Handler’s card and alcohol service permit if required by state or local government
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in a nationally recognized sanitation program
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
- Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- Constant standing for extended periods of time.
- Constant fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Constant bending, stretching, twisting or reaching out with the body, arms and/or legs.
- Constant lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying heavy objects of at least 50 lbs.
- Constant verbal, written and electronic communication with staff and clients.
- Constant exposure to/handling of varying temperatures associated with a kitchen environment, including but not limited to freezing (freezers, frozen food items, etc.) and very hot (heated cookware, entrees, temperature of kitchen).
- Noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud depending on the time of day and function being performed.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.