In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Event Operations Staff | Snapdragon Stadium | San Diego, CA – Part-Time, Hourly
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and Event Operations Supervisor, the Event Operations Staff will execute the set-up and tear down of events, assist with inventory and provide general maintenance, as necessary. The position will be part-time, hourly and should be available to work days and nights, including weekends and holidays.
Opening September 2022, Snapdragon Stadium is a 35,000-seat multipurpose venue that will serve as the home for San Diego State University football, San Diego Wave (NWSL soccer), MLR rugby, major concerts and festivals, professional sports, motorsports, NCAA and world championships, international soccer, high school sports, entertainment events and private special events.
- Ensure all event set-ups and breaks downs are done efficiently and correctly
- Maintain an accurate account of stadium assets, including tables, chairs, stanchion, barricade, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to read maps and layouts to meet the needs of an event or client
- Think critically through stadium operations and activations to provide a safe event for all spectators
- Work safely and efficiently during varying weather, time of day/night and using a variety of equipment
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot unplanned challenges
- Frequent bending, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, lifting 15-50 pounds, sitting, exposure to moderate to loud noises, extensive walking through the building.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent is required
- Familiar with operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology and event-related services
- Basic math skills to provide accurate inventory tracking and event set-ups.
- Ability to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines or other equipment is preferred.
- Valid Class C license is required
- Follow explicit oral and written instructions; communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- The ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Effectively work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor among clients, talent and guests, demonstrating a high level of customer and client service
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality
- Previous experience in Event Operations, manual labor or warehouse work is a plus