In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Parking will be responsible for leading, developing and managing the overall parking and transportation operation at UBS Arena. This individual will also develop operational strategies to ensure an exceptional experience for employees and guests while generating positive financial returns and supporting the goals and objectives of the department. The role will work with stakeholders to develop and implement a strategic parking plan utilizing industry best practices. This position requires a leader who is able to provide innovative solutions that support the venue experience UBS Arena guests expect. The Director of Parking & Transportation reports directly to the General Manager.
This role will pays a salary of $120,000 to $140,000
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Provide leadership for the parking and transportation department including operational oversight, administration, management, budgeting, planning and coordination of all parking facilities, transportation elements, and pedestrian management.
- Oversee all game and event day parking operations including staffing plans, shuttle service and coordinating parking needs for all internal and external stakeholders (events, employees, tenants, visitors, vendors, and contractors).
- Design, develop and implement short and long-term business plans that optimize operations, improve the guest experience, generate new revenue opportunities, and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders and customers.
- Act as the liaison between transportation agencies and UBS Arena to ensure proper scheduling for various events.
- Coach and mentor employees to create a cohesive unit that is focused on the common goals of excellent customer service, efficient parking operations, safe pedestrian management, and team unity.
- Review analytics, trend analyses, forecasting and reporting to help improve the operational and financial performance of the department.
- Champion innovation by continually researching new parking and transportation technologies and/or operating methodologies that other venues or companies have adopted, and devise strategies to integrate proven solutions into UBS Arena parking and shuttle operations.
- Partner with internal departments and other key stakeholders to ensure parking needs are continually communicated and completed, for events in particular.
- Develop, implement, and oversee TDM programs that increase the use of alternative transportation methods.
- Integrate customer feedback and community concerns into ongoing parking program refinements and system improvements.
- Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees and vendors to achieve or exceed performance.
- Work with HR and other departments to ensure all organizational policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage contract compliance with business terms and financial obligations from contracted transportation and parking vendors, including shuttle operations.
- Promptly investigate and respond to customer inquiries, complaints, and issues that arise and be prepared to resolve issues professionally.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience relating to Parking and Transportation in a high-volume operation.
- Management of parking operations involving large venues, special events, residential, office and/or retail.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays, as necessary.
- Working knowledge of parking best practices and applying technologies to maximize service and revenues.
- Experience in the development and management of operating and event-related budgets.
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to lead, give clear and concise direction, and provide feedback to staff.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Proactive, service focused
- Attention to Detail
- Works well under pressure