In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director of Finance plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for OVG Venue Management at Fair Park in Dallas by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly supervises the Finance and HR team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with OVG’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities may include some overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OVG, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about OVG at www.oakviewgroup.com
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Liaison with various City of Dallas departments. Monitors OVG’s compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits, reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee box office, ticket sale receipts and reporting
- Oversee food and beverage accounting
- Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters, compile all post-show financial info to enter into GL, prepare show income/loss reports
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Prepares and may present financial board presentation materials for governing non-profit board.
- Analyze balance sheet and P&L figures for monthly financial statements; prepare comments and explanations of performance trends.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares forecasted statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues for internal and external users
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- CPA or MBA a plus
- 5 to 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Venue Management Industry experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Acts as Manager on Duty on occasion for special events, as required. Must work nights and weekends if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments ensuring financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Sage accounting preferred