* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Banquet Captain coordinates and oversees entire banquet function to ensure proper execution and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reviews assigned banquet staff functions, banquet menus prior to the scheduled event.
- Conducts pre-banquet meetings with staff to: ensure appearance and hygiene standards are being met; assign stations and partners; and review banquet event orders.
- Communicates with the Executive Chef / Kitchen Manager or event coordinator to ensure that all details have been planned for and met. Ensures that changes and further instructions are made in a timely manner.
- Ensures that appropriate quantities of china, glassware, silverware, linens, and other items are available for upcoming events. Secure requisitions for those items not available in inventory.
- Checks room set-up prior to event and meets with Executive Chef to confirm quantities of food items and timing of food leaving the kitchen.
- Ensures proper handling of all equipment (i.e. china, glassware, silverware, linen, and props) and their proper storage after use.
- Conducts random audits during functions to evaluate food and service. Ensures that: food is served at appropriate temperature; food is placed properly on the table; sufficient food is available; and up sell opportunities are met.
- Regularly reviews banquet schedule for changes, calendar of events, and special events.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Must meet state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages.