In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Oak View Group is hiring an experienced and motivated Director of Financial Reporting.
This person/candidate will leverage their accounting experience to ensure the timely and accurate completion of internal management reports and US GAAP financial statements of the Company and its subsidiaries. As the Manager of Financial Reporting, you will be acting as the liaison between our accounting and finance team and the external audit team.
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
This role will pays a salary of $150,000
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
This role will temporarily be located in either Los Angeles or Philadelphia. However, you understand and acknowledge that the company is currently undergoing a corporate office relocation, and you will be expected to relocate to the new Corporate Office, to be announced by the end of 2023 because this position will be based in the future Corporate Office.
- Develop a comprehensive financial reporting hierarchy and implement sound day-to-day accounting practices to ensure accurate data collection.
- Maintain the Company’s system of accounts and ensure standard practices and procedures for all record-keeping and reporting to ensure compliance with internal and US GAAP standards.
- Assist in month-end close process by analyzing transactions, recording journal entries, and preparing account reconciliations.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and GAAP financial statements in support of regular reporting to management, Board, lenders, and as requested by 3rd parties.
- Act as the point of contact with external auditors to actively monitor the fieldwork process and data requests. Ensure timely completion of all follow-up items from the audit team.
- Support financial planning and budgeting processes, prepare budget vs. actual reports, and analyze identified variances.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field; CPA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in general accounting, auditing, and/or corporate finance; Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and application of accounting principles, notably, consolidation and related party accounting.
- Experience in managing the monthly, quarterly, and year-end general ledger close process, financial reporting process, and annual external audits.
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel to set-up and effectively use accounting software and building spreadsheets to perform data analysis. Experience using Oracle NetSuite and Planful software preferred, but not required.
- Strong problem-solving skills to investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and effectively manage and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented
- Previous Sports and Entertainment industry experience a plus