In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This position is contingent upon a successful contract award to OVG Hospitality to provide food service management services.
The Associate VP Hospitality Operations is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the efficient, professional and profitable operation of the venue. The Associate VP Hospitality Operations aids the General Manager in overseeing every managerial, f/t and p/t position, and ensuring full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation and food-related ordinances, and alcohol service regulations. Associate VP Hospitality Operations The Associate VP Hospitality Operations will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, and promotion. The Associate VP Hospitality Operations will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule, which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong management and independent decision-making skills are required.
This role will pay a wage of $160,000 to $175,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Assists in the overall effective management of the catering operations.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to OVG management immediately.
- Assist in the management of catered events from et-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff & guests.
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Author, review and amend policies & procedures, as requested by the General Manager.
- Author and amend contracts; authorize terms as directed by the General Manager.
- Oversee scheduling and labor allocation.
- Work in tandem with the General Manager to analyze ticket sales in relation to anticipating staffing needs, target market demographics; determine and project point-of sale to guest ratio.
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of goods.
- Program and maintain the point of sale system to ensure accurate financial reporting, tracking of accountability, and commodity levels by location.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future goals.
- Provides each manager with the proper direction and follows up on all assignments.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time, follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary assistance for them to provide them to perform their work.
- Assists the General Manager in evaluating each manager’s performance and makes recommendations for their improvement.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with show managers, suppliers, vendors and the public that projects the venue in a positive light.
- BA or BS with business-related major; accounting minor or credits preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in food-related or concessions industry.
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to OVG and venue concession and premium services operations.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.