In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
OVG Hospitality is searching for a General Manager to oversee the opening and all food & beverage operations at Momentum Bank Ballpark in Midland, TX, home of the Midland Rockhounds.
This role will pay a wage of $90,000 to $110,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
The General Manager is responsible for the efficient, professional and profitable operation of the food and beverage service operations at the assigned OVG venue. This individual ultimately oversees every managerial, f/t and p/t position, and ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation and food-related ordinances, and alcohol service regulations. In addition to managing the day to day business operations, the General Manager solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue property.
OVG Hospitality, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the assigned OVG venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- Final decision-maker on equipment purchases and leases.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Author, review and amend policies & procedures, as required.
- Author and amend contracts; authorize terms.
- Oversee scheduling and labor allocation.
- Analyze ticket sales in relation to anticipating staffing needs, target market demographics; determine and project point-of sale to guest ratio.
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of goods.
- Program and maintain the point of sale system to ensure accurate financial reporting, tracking of accountability, and commodity levels by location.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future goals.
- Provides each manager with the proper direction and follows up on all assignments.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time, follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary assistance for them to provide them to perform their work.
- Evaluates each manager’s performance and makes recommendations for their improvement.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with team management, suppliers, vendors and the public that projects the venue in a positive light.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to OVG Hospitality and venue concession and premium services operations.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Experience working in a Union environment preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced arena, ball park or stadium preferred.
Education and Experience:
- MA or MS; BA or BS with business-related major or hospitality preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in food-related or concessions industry.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms, accounting and budgeting software, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, and knowledge of Banquet Event Order (BEO) or other event management programs.