In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Vice President of Operations and Brand Strategy (VPOBS) will be responsible for achieving Brulee Catering’s growth objectives in the Off Premise Catering and Managed Services segment by taking a leadership role in identifying, qualifying, pursuing and, ultimately, business opportunities in the Philadelphia Region as well as select opportunities in the Northeast Corridor and across the OVG portfolio of accounts. The VPOBS will become fully versed in the local Philadelphia marketplace, develop a complete and thorough understanding of all competitors and potential competitors in the market, identify Brulee Catering’s strengths and weakness in the market and work with Brulee’s Senior Leadership team and Corporate Food & Beverage leadership to address or enhance same. The VPOBS leader is an orchestrator who builds a vision, a plan, and a team to set our clients up for success with venue growth and, therefore, OVG growth. This individual is responsible for overall management, promotion, and operation of their own assigned Food & Beverage venue, including Catering/Concessions/Premium Services, Culinary Initiatives, Sales and Marketing, Finance, and related operations.
The Vice President of Operations & Brand Strategy will be a member of Brulee Catering’s Senior Leadership Team, while officing out of Brulee Commissary in Philadelphia and will work closely with Brulee’s venue clients and business partners to develop remarkable relationships, all as well as with all organizations and decision makers who can assist in identifying opportunities that will allow Brulee Catering to achieve our Growth targets.
The ideal Candidate will work in tandem with the Senior Leadership Team to develop a strategic vision for Brûlée Catering’s growth and to implement a operational & sales culture that ensures that everyone is a “salesperson” and how the delivery of exceptional catering experiences can translate into a new business opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring sales and relationships across the Brûlée portfolio of accounts, supporting the sales efforts of the catering sales team, managing, client relationships, and working together with Marketing & Creative Department to ensure Brûlée Catering is properly positioned in all forms of media while maintaining a select book of high-profile business. Our ideal candidate is a skilled multi -tasker who can balance the Business Development responsibilities with client communications, relationship building and networking.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable growth of the business. The Candidate must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable schedule, which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to travel, self-direction and strong management and independent decision-making skills are required.
- Responsible for New Account Development: conducting market research, determining sales targets, prospects and leads, independently planning and executing an effective marketing strategy
- Build relationships by networking and prospecting with key decision makers, establish and develop strong, effective relationships with influencers through professional, courteous, and ethical interpersonal interaction
- Communicates frequently to clarify understanding of expectations, facilitate open dialogue within leadership and ensure that all company resources are clearly utilized to achieve the regional operating goals.
- Client interaction skills, providing business solutions, Conducting Semi-annual partnership reviews.
- Accountability – Setting standard for timely and accurate reporting/forecasting.
- Ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships with contract administrators and venue owners for the benefit of the organization by communicating frequently through conference calls, venue site visits and attendance at board meetings when necessary.
- Holds GMs accountable to core business measures, driving business growth and client retention strategies. This includes having a constant "selling" of our company's value to our clients.
- Oversees the process and protocol around deal construct, yield management and risk assessment.
- Identifies new opportunities to grow existing business as well as new business within the region.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are being utilized and recommends improvements to the Division Senior Vice President (DSVP).
- Participates in and nurtures broad networks of industry alliances to exchange ideas, knowledge, and information in support of change initiatives.
- Develop strategies with Senior Leadership Team to retain / extend all existing contracts and create action plans to execute strategies.
- Responsible for negotiating, authoring, and submitting finalized contracts to the EVP, SVP (Solutions), and President
- Communicate regularly with SVP, OVG Hospitality President, OVG and Regional SVPs Business Development Colleagues about the needs of our clients and their expectations
- Assist in the planning and coordination of transition and startup operations as directed
- Assist Director of Sales to recruit, hire and mentor experienced sales managers and coordinators.
- Partners with Brûlée leadership to ensure that all sales team members fully understand Brûlée Financials and the role that they play in Brûlée Catering’s future growth.
- Prepares annual Business Development budget and targets.
- Works with Marketing & Creative Team to create programs to enhance the Brûlée Brand and identify new opportunities and trends,
- Partners with Brûlée leadership and Marketing Department, Brûlée venue specific leadership teams, Venue clients, PHLCVB, DMC’s and other stakeholders to strengthen Brûlée Brand and maximize sales potential across Brûlée’s Portfolio.
- Nurtures and maintains relationships with Brûlée’s impressive list of exclusive and preferred venues while constantly pursuing new opportunities to grow Brûlée’s presence in the Region.
- With Director of Sales, provide strategic leadership and guidance to the Sales Team to assist in achieving / exceeding sales targets and budget.
- Proven track record for meeting sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- A minimum 10 years in Food & Beverage Operations or equivalent professional experiences.
- Excellent management, scheduling, training, and coaching skills.
- Ability to assess and anticipate client expectations and deliver.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding networking abilities and relationship building skills with a clear understanding on the key stages in the selling process and knowledge of effectively closing a deal
- Ability to focus on customer/client satisfaction while achieving revenue objectives
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills are essential for this role
- Thorough understanding of food and beverage performance benchmarks and efficiency ratios
- Strong competency at branding and market segmentation within the hospitality industry
- Ability to write very good business plans
- Ability to justify and support proposed financial analysis development for project
- Strong understanding of proformas and P&Ls
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage operations and the ability to recognize synergies
- Strong understanding of the day-to-day operations of food and beverage outlets to help develop concepts and brands
- Demonstrated proficiency and successful experience in sales generation, contract negotiation, event scheduling, training, catering, concessions, and menu development
- Ability to work independently with little supervision or oversight