In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Vice President- Premium Services oversees all new business startups across the OVG Hospitality Portfolio. The management responsibilities include ensuring financial success and exceptional operational performance of all OVG Hospitality venues and maintaining exemplary client relations. The VP- Premium Services also ensures existing client retention and drives new business through their Vertical / Geographic scope.
Within OVG Hospitality, this leader is an orchestrator who builds a vision, plan and team to set our clients up for success with venue growth and, therefore, OVG Hospitality growth. This individual is responsible for overall strategy, management, promotion, and operation of identified Food & Beverage venues, including Catering/Concessions/Premium Services, Culinary Initiatives, Sales and Marketing, Finance related to services, and related operations.
- Communicates frequently to clarify understanding of expectations, facilitate open dialogue within leadership and ensure that all company resources are clearly utilized to achieve operating goals.
- Client interaction skills, providing business solutions, Conducting Semi-annual partnership reviews.
- Accountability – Setting standard for timely and accurate reporting/forecasting.
- Ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships with contract administrators and venue owners for the benefit of the organization by communicating frequently through conference calls, venue site visits and attendance at board meetings when necessary.
- Holds DGMs/GMs accountable to core business measures, driving business growth and client retention strategies. This includes having a constant "selling" of our company's value to our clients.
- Oversees the process and protocol around deal construct, yield management and risk assessment.
- Identifies new opportunities to grow existing business as well as new business within the organization.
- Creates a premium beverage experience
- Always think of ways to make food FUN for our customers
- Outside the box thinking in was to create a wonderful guest experience
- Creative menus for concerts and special events
- Enables technology to help define our guest experience
- Incorporates standards to our organization for premium service
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are being utilized and recommends improvements to the leadership team.
- Participates in and nurtures broad networks of industry alliances to exchange ideas, knowledge and information in support of change initiatives.
Operations Management: Plans, organizes and measures quality results for the client, venue users/promoter and the customer. Meets regularly with all department leads to ensure established procedures are being followed, issues are being discussed and resolved, goals are being met and that departments are functioning optimally. Troubleshoots, makes on-site decisions to deal with situations and problems. Drives a customer service philosophy that focuses all on what it takes to win together.
Growth Management: Aggressively promotes the facility to maximize its utilization and negotiates lease agreements as determined necessary and in the best interests of the facility. Participates in client retention and new business acquisition via gathering, writing, and editing of content of RFP responses, attend pre-site visits and report findings, food and beverage concepts, operational plans and pro-formas, attend and participate in oral presentations. Establishes working relationships with venue users/promoters and agents. Conducts frequent calls to ensure up-to-date knowledge of opportunities and trends.
Client Management: Works simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups to foster a cooperative environment..
Talent Management: Hires talented, passionate and hardworking employees to represent the OVG brand: Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that individual and team objectives are being met. Cultivates staff members for success in current roles and career growth. Conducts regular meetings with direct reports and staff meetings to create open communications within and across teams to drive success.
Financial Management: Prepares, implements, and monitors a detailed program budget. Approves reports, budgets, revenue projections, asset management, etc., as needed. Analyze financial reports and conduct regular one-on-one meetings with venue directors to review financial performance. Responsible for successful management and fiduciary performance, ensure compliance of company programs and assist with venue pricing to include rental rates and menu pricing for all assigned venues. Drives specialty menus for concerts and major events, thinks outside the box to grow the premium revenues across the board.
Risk Management: Manages team and business to comply with company policies, procedures, guidelines and operating expectations. Researches opportunities to improve the efficiency and safety of operations through internal and external benchmarking. Operationalizes standard operating procedures for all operational functions, sanitation and alcohol compliance of the facility. Prepares and maintains required necessary reports/records for the city and/or corporate. Communicates issues to DSVP and others as needed and in accordance with escalation policy.
Corporate Resources: Understands and utilizes all corporate resources to build value to our clients. Challenge and encourage staff to reach out to peers in the company at other facilities and corporate support staff in order to maximize results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bring immediate credibility to the leadership function through functional qualifications, financial acumen, leadership skills, and the highest levels of integrity.
- Collaborate across various departments and functions of the organization to understand key issues, establish an appropriate sense of urgency, and drive execution.
- Resolve differences between team members and keep them working together in a common direction.
- Drive commitment to an organizational change that embraces a renewed commitment to company goals.
- Attract and retain outstanding talent as well as build and motivate high performance teams.
- Influence, engage and inspire stakeholders with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to be flexible and multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Anticipate opportunities/problems and implement change to grow the business.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organizational mission.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, hospitality, or related fields.
- 8+ years progressive and responsible experience working in managed facility and or related hospitality industry experience.