Director, IT Infrastructure - SoFi Stadium (Inglewood · CA)
Hollywood Park, a near 300-acre sports and entertainment destination, is being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke with the 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium as its centerpiece. Hollywood Park is the largest urban mixed-use mega development under construction in the Western United States. When complete, Hollywood Park will have up to 2,500 residences, a hotel, a retail district reaching up to 890,000 square feet, up to 5 million square feet of office space, and more than 25-acres of public parks and open space.
Home to the Los Angeles Chargers and Super Bowl LVI Champion Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium is the host of world-renowned sporting events, including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, College Football Playoff National Championship game 2023, WrestleMania 2023, World Cup 2026, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics in 2028. Adjacent to the stadium and under the same roof canopy is a 2.5-acre open-air plaza, American Airlines Plaza, and the 6,000-seat YouTube Theater. YouTube Theater is an intimate venue, making it the perfect place for concerts, comedy, awards shows, esports competitions, community gatherings, conferences and more.
Hollywood Park is being brought to life by a deeply experienced team of creative forward-thinkers. The project is a celebration of all that Los Angeles has to offer. We are inspired by our diverse Inglewood community as a place for the community to be, to see and to connect.
Hollywood Park is committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our team members, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
At the heart of Hollywood Park, lies our dedication to our purpose, promise, and commitments. Our PURPOSE is creating extraordinary experiences, one moment at a time. Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and vibrant community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made. Our COMMITMENTS are outlined by S.T.A.R.S.
Our S.T.A.R.S. commitments are enabled by five foundational principles:
- Start with Care – create a lasting impact through genuine care
- Thrive as a Team – create an environment of collaboration and encouragement
- Anticipate Unspoken Needs – be proactive in delivering extraordinary service and support others
- Resolve with Respect – treat others with empathy, patience, and kindness
- Safety Always – maintain a safe and secure environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will be working across stadium, campus, enterprise and events to ensure server and network infrastructure is maintained efficiently and requirements are met. This is an onsite position reporting to the VP of IT Infrastructure and Operations. Your direct reports will include the systems administration and network engineering teams. You will be a hands-on leader and team player with a background as a system or network engineer. Leading and working events are required.
- Manage and mentor the Infrastructure team workload and responsibilities, while supporting the organization. Maintain productivity and promote career development among the team members.
- Work with VP and integrators to define infrastructure roadmap, including upgrades, migrations and technical goals.
- Design, plan and implement network infrastructure throughout the stadium and campus.
- Define software and hardware standards
- Manage the server infrastructure health and security, including the hypervisor stack, all physical servers and VMs.
- Manage all enterprise applications; security and lifecycle
- Work closely with other departments and vendors to implement and maintain technology throughout the stadium
- Identify areas of improvement consistent with organization and department goals, i.e. automation and end-user tools/apps/ease of use
- Facilities - maintain data center and IDFs. Work closely with vendors and engineering/broadcast to ensure best practices are met
- Ability to lead a technical team of engineers
- Proven skills in IT infrastructure as a systems or network engineer
- Expertise managing enterprise IT systems including Active Directory and SaaS applications
- Identity management proficiency including MFA and SSO in a complex environment
- Experience designing and implementing a business continuity plan and respective procedures and testing
- Encourage and mentor junior staff members and embrace sports and entertainment
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Take ownership of issues and problems, find and enact solutions and recommend process changes
Salary Range: $140,000.00 - $155,000.00
In compliance with the California Pay Transparency Act, compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Hollywood Park considers a candidate’s education, certification, prior experience, as well as internal and external data when determining the salary level for potential new employees. Only in exceptional circumstances, if an external candidate has the experience, credentials, or expertise far exceeding what is expected for the position, would Hollywood Park consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.