Prep Cook - Trail Drive Management Corp. (Fort Worth · TX)
Trail Drive Management Corp. jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Worth · TX
Food and Beverage: Chef/Cook
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena hosts concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Culinary Leadership Team
Prep Cooks are responsible for supporting kitchen operations by assisting Chefs and other kitchen staff. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Dickies Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Have a full understanding of temperature controls and the proper equipment to monitor temperature through filling out daily Time and Temperature logs for your station
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products.
- Have knowledge of the eight most common food allergens and follow the set Dickies Arena procedures.
1) Milk 2) Eggs 3) Fish (bass, flounder, cod) 4) Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster)
5) Wheat 6) Peanuts 7) Tree nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts) 8) Soybeans
- Follow recipe guidelines to prepare food based on the current menu
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation standards
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is always provided/received
- Maintain food temperatures, food quality and appearance of prepared food to our established standards
- Have knowledge of all menu items, ingredients and how prepare
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests.
- Partner with the Dickies Arena F&B Leadership team to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Dickies Arena Leadership Team
1. 1 Communication Proficiency.
2. Ethical Conduct.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Strategic Thinking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee will regularly spend most of their shift standing and walking, traversing stairs, with limited to no sitting. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lifting/moving 100 lbs. or more. Employee must be comfortable with raised volume and/ or dark lighting in specific event settings.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirement
- Has a basic understanding of following directions and a quick learner
- Must demonstrated safe knife skills - after training
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule – nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.