Event Staff Recruiting & Training Coordinator (FT) - Dickies Arena (Fort Worth · TX)
Dickies Arena Jobs
Jobs in Fort Worth · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Guest Services: Event Staff Recruiting & Training Coordinator (Full-time)
Trail Drive Management Corporation – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena is a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena is owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC).
Dickies Arena hosted 172 events in our last fiscal year and has been nominated for Arena of the year by both the Academy of Country Music and Pollstar Magazine in 2022 and 2023. The arena now ranks 2nd in gross ticket sales and attendance in Billboard Magazine’s Worldwide Boxscore Midyear chart among venues of similar size. Our team is growing, and we are looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join us on the journey!
Reports to: Safety and Security Manager
Job Description :
The Event Staff Recruiting & Training Coordinator is responsible for recruiting part-time Event Staff including Event Security Officers and Guest Services Representatives as well as Training in-coming and existing part-time Event Staff.
- Associate degree in business management or related field, or equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of administrative staff management experience in a high-profile sports and entertainment venue or equivalent experience in managing personnel.
- 1+ years of employment candidate sourcing or related experience
- Excellent phone & face-to-face interview communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge including MS Office including TEAMS, Skype, Zoom and other online meeting platforms.
- Excellent Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- Familiarity with relevant Federal and State employment laws
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for.
- Self-motivated with strong client relations and staff management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Superior customer service experience
- Ability to support workplace diversity.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
Essential Duties (Include, but are not limited to the following):
- Conducts employment related research, monitor applicant tracking and other methods for sourcing qualified candidates.
- Customized screening and initial contact of applicants to determine qualification and interest level.
- Refers appropriate candidates to Human Resources and/or hiring supervisor.
- Provides support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others.
- Participates in and provides analytical support in design, development, and implementation of recruitment projects and programs.
- Attends and participates in job fairs, community activities, and other public and departmental recruitment-related events.
- Represents and promotes organization to potential applicants by providing information, responding to questions, and collecting applicant data.
- Serves as point of contact for provision of consultative service to hiring authorities.
- Serves as resource for recruitment policies, procedures, and practices to supervisors, and others.
- Conduct New Hire Training, scheduling, email, time clocks and other related topics.
- Work with the HR Department to ensure efficient processes for the Department recruiting and hiring goals and objectives.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions; however, the duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.