50/50 Raffle Seller - Flyers Charities (Philadelphia · PA)
Flyers Charities jobs
Sports Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
We are looking for candidates to be part of our 50/50 raffle program who are self-motivated, energetic and reliable. Our 50/50 program represents our biggest fundraising initiative and sellers will be a key part of helping Flyers Charities execute its mission. Sellers must be team players and able to work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with thousands of fans each game. Excellent communication skills, experience in sales and money management is strongly preferred. This is a great part-time job for someone eager to break into the industry and gain experience in sales and working with a non-profit agency, or for motivated individuals looking for a second job in sports.
- Required availability for at least 80% of all Flyers and Wings home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) at Wells Fargo Center, assisting with Flyers Charities 50/50 Raffle program.
- Game night staff will help sell raffle tickets at either a stationary touch-screen kiosk or will be responsible to roam a designated area of the concourse/arena. Those not at a stationary unit will receive a mobile handheld device and mobile printer.
- Game night staff will be responsible and accountable for all cash sales, as all units must be reconciled correctly throughout the game.
- Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage attendees to purchase. Prior sales experience a plus. Comfort working independently and interacting with large groups of fans is a necessity.
- Must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to arena doors opening (example: some doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. Flyers game, therefore, sellers are asked to arrive promptly by 4:45 p.m. to get ready and go over information pertaining to the game).
- All raffle sellers are expected to wear their uniform when working (jacket, ball cap and black pants), an apron and buttons will be provided every game. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
- Should have knowledge of Flyers Charities and the Flyers work within the community.
- Nights and/or weekends are required.
- Prior sales experience in sports/entertainment is strongly preferred.
- The sellers will take an active role in a fundraising program that takes place during all Flyers and Wings home games (pre-season, regular season and playoffs) along with some special events.
- The program requires you to be flexible and work in high-pressure situations.
- Staffers will be educated in the following: non-profit sales, fundraising, networking, public relations, public speaking and sales.
- Game night staff must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with sales and customer service a plus.
- Goal oriented; works well independently and is self-motivated.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have prior sales experience? If so, explain.
Have you previously worked as a 50/50 seller, either for the Flyers or another team?
Have you been referred to this job? If so, by who?