Sr. Vice President, Human Resources - Comcast Spectacor (Philadelphia · PA)
Comcast Spectacor jobs
Sports Jobs in Philadelphia · PA
Human Resources: Human Resources Management
- Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.
- As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines.
- We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day.
- If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Responsible for participating in the development of the Company and Human Resource/Human Capital strategic objectives and philosophy in relation to programs and trends in Human Resources management for both domestic and international groups.
- Administers Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees within the company.
- Provides direction to Human Resources staff in regard to Human Resources policies, employee and labor relations, wage and salary management, benefits and training. Provides leadership, sets vision and direction for diverse and complex functions.
- Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Reports to the President of Business Operations and will be responsible for leading a team of HR professionals.
- Partners with senior management to develop strategic Human Resources/Human Capital goals, policies, and programs that align with business initiatives with respect to both domestic and international client groups.
- Develops and serves as a strategic and operational leader who specifically oversees Human Resources functions including talent management, organizational development; employee relations; talent acquisition; on-boarding; off-boarding; performance management; training and staff development initiatives; policy administration; and compensation and benefits.
- Directs and coordinates the administration and negotiation of bargaining unit contracts which define the conditions of employment for union-represented employees.
- Directs the development of training and organizational development programs that address personal, professional, and organizational needs of employees and departments.
- Has proven experience in organizational design, employee engagement, succession planning, employee and leadership training, and talent development used in and affecting large and complex organizations
- Design and develop strategic and creative programs and leadership engagement to advance DEI initiatives for the organization
- Responsible for strategic development, management, and partnership of organizational culture initiatives.
- Direct recruitment and employment processes, ensuring that the Company’s equal opportunity and diversity goals are met. Increase our ability to find and attract talent at all levels of the organization. Ensure compensation is competitive.
- Counsels’ management and employees on disciplinary actions and performance management concerns.
- Continuously improve processes that drive business results.
- Ability to balance the needs and goals of a fast-growing business with the fiduciary responsibility required for the larger organization.
- Partners with Total Rewards and Payroll Centers of Excellence with respect to administration of payroll, insurance, retirement, and other benefits programs. Ability to lead change and transform/align system capabilities to Comcast Spectacor’s unique business needs without the need for time-consuming workarounds or manual processing.
- Leads department personnel, including direct supervision, hiring, development, and performance management.
- Develop human capital plans for new start-up divisions or newly acquired business units.
- Plan and manage an annual budget and allocate resources (i.e., people and expense dollars).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- Strategic Talent business partner with ability to create strategic advantage and differentiated value in the market
- Analytical forward thinker
- Ability to be agile in an extremely fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience and understanding in working sensitive human resource issues under the spotlight of media. Savvy, demonstrated success in managing employees, some with meaningful, direct social (and other) media access. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Hospitality and/or entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Strong employment law background with experience with front-line and professional level employees.
- Highly skilled in staffing, organizational change, development & training, employee/labor relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Be a thought leader and champion of DEI and culture, ensuring values are upheld and put into practice.
- Experience in identifying and recruiting talent in competitive labor markets
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management.
- Superior management skills and ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Ability to lead a multi-site organization of scale
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience with change management strategies and implementation.
- Results-oriented with superior problem-solving skills and ability to effectively manage varied resources to complete a task/project.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team in an extremely fast pace, evolving environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality—to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Certifications (if applicable)
Relative Work Experience
15 Years +
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.