Director, Legal Affairs with G4 in Glendale · CA
Sports Jobs in Glendale · CA
Legal: General Counsel/Contractual Law
The Director, Legal Affairs will be a key member of the Business and Legal Affairs team supporting the development and production of programming for television and digital media. The position reports to General Counsel of Comcast Spectacor and supports the Executive Director, Business Affairs for G4. The position will be charged with oversight of production legal matters in a fast-paced, dynamic studio environment and assist with general legal matters as assigned.
- Serve as the lead day-to-day production attorney on productions throughout pre-production, principal photography, and post-production
- Oversee clearance for scripts and programming and handle legal issues relating to copyright, trademark, music, fair use, and other clearance matters
- Interface on a day-to-day basis with various internal groups (creative, production, programming, etc.) and production personnel as needed
- Assist in drafting and negotiating production contracts and releases, including materials and clearance releases, talent agreements, trade-out agreements, appearance releases, and location releases
- Assist in the creation of policies and procedures relating to production risk management and standards and practices for live and recorded programming
- Assist with union/guild matters (e.g., SAG-AFTRA, WGA, IATSE)
- Provide thoughtful legal advice and solutions on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including contractual issues, personnel management, intellectual property issues, and other matters
- Assist with general corporate legal matters as assigned, including agreements with outside vendors and NDAs, and other legal matters (which may include coordinating with outside counsel)
- Assist with other business and legal affairs matters as assigned
- J.D. required
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Minimum of five years of experience as a practicing attorney (law firm and/or in-house) with substantial production legal and clearance experience in television and/or digital media
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with creative and production leaders in a solution-oriented manner
- Ability to independently exercise sound judgment, make quick decisions, and perform under minimal supervision on a daily basis
- Proactive in risk identification and management
- Experience with non-scripted productions and live broadcast programming
- Familiarity with digital distribution platforms, platform rules and best practices
- Passion for video games and gaming culture is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Please provide your desired salary.
Are you a current or former employee of Comcast Spectacor?