Vice President, Licensing & Consumer Products with G4 in LOS ANGELES · CA
Sports Jobs in LOS ANGELES · CA
Retail/Licensing: Licensing Sales/Marketing
The Vice President of Licensing & Consumer Products will drive sale and deliver brand partnerships & collaborations for G4. In order to do so, he / she will develop strategies for these categories, sign contracts and manage licensee relationships in support of these strategies. The ideal candidate will have retail and merchandising expertise and experience, and knowledge of the licensing and consumer products landscape. He / She will have established relationships with major brands and retailers, a successful track record developing and executing category strategies and tactics, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for gaming. The job is based in Los Angeles, California or Remote.
- Manages the overall retail relationship with digital and linear platforms that enables strategic, collaborative business planning
- Sets the strategic vision and key priorities for the account to deliver G4's revenue targets
- Own internal business review process for account and educate G4’s executive management on results, risks and opportunities based on understanding of account, analysis of retail sales, and market data including competitive landscape and category changes.
- Develops retail timing & action calendar that directs internal and external teams to meet deadlines and streamline processes for brand store pages, key item set-up, approvals, and marketing activations
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to review performance of existing licensees and make recommendations to better meet performance objectives.
- Partner with retail marketing to track traffic, conversion and other key metrics to drive strategy and account activations
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics for key licensees
- Analyzes category and reviews business in order to identify short- and long-term revenue-generating opportunities
- Tap into the “white space” through seeking new partnerships or developing new products and services, and grow the business
- Actively develop and manage a portfolio of licensees to grow the category. Critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right amount and best quality partners.
- Maintain productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization
- Working with the different G4 departments, ensure timely execution of essential licensing function across categories: contract negotiations & contract maintenance, business reviews, product development process, product approvals
- Work with operations team to integrate e-com communication/operational touch-points into the overall G4 development calendar
- Support brand marketing initiatives through development & execution of category plans.
- Define and integrate key licensees within wider brand and marketing plans
- Work with Franchise team, Studio and TV partners to provide business input to strategic and brand planning
- Be the e-commerce “expert” for G4
- Prior experience licensing products
- Prior experience working in merchandising/retail
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
- 8+ years toy merchandising experience and / or Licensing experience as a licensor and/or retail buying experience in category.
- Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations
- Current network of strong relationships with licensees, distributors and retailers
- Strong pitching and negotiating skills with the demonstrated ability to close large deals
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and consistently with supervisor, Spectacor Gaming colleagues and cross-divisional stakeholders
- Enjoys gaming
- Creative thinker
- Personable and outgoing personality
- Proactive and resourceful
- Understanding of entertainment licensing
- Passionate about content and products
- Proven ability of strong presentation / pitching and negotiating skills, and ability to close.
- Strategic thinker able to communicate a compelling vision for the business
- Team Player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Please provide your desired salary.
Are you a current or former employee of Comcast Spectacor?