AEG Facilities and SMG are now ASM Global. We are the world’s leading venue management and services company, connecting people through the power of live experience. As the world’s most trusted venue manager, we have a global reach that is unmatched in our industry. Our expertise and experience tailor all the resources we have accumulated to deliver the localized solutions that create the places where communities come together, celebrate, and thrive.
This Security Coordinator position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx. The primary focus for this position is on the Timberwolves and Lynx events.
Provides scheduling of both event staff and 24/7 security for Target Center. This includes filling schedules to pre-determined staffing levels, ensuring all shifts are properly accounted for in ABI MasterMind, ensuring two positions are always covered for 24/7, which may mean occasionally filling in for one of the shifts. Will also provide Security MOD duties for select events at Target Center when Security Manager is unavailable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly schedules for part-time and full-time non-exempt staff as well as process time exceptions and payroll paperwork.
- Assist with review of PT security applications and track new hire procedures.
- On-call for Full-time command center staff call-offs. Find staff to cover open shift. Occasionally will cover any open command center shifts.
- Cover Security MOD shifts for select events.
- Edit event notes for Security Department prior to each event.
- Log event dispatch reports into tracking system after each event.
- Scan and record security incident reports.
- Provide clerical support to Director, Hospitality and Events as needed.
- Attend weekly Operations Meeting and record/forward applicable information to PT staff.
- Perform additional duties and/or special projects as needed and/or assigned by management.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
1. A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
2. Prior office services and receptionist experience
3. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Must be able to type frequently.
5. Ability to read, write and speak English
6. Professional appearance and demeanor
7. Attention to detail and good organizational skills
8. Must have a flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
9. Ability to communicate effectively; to articulate ideas and issues clearly.
10. Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
11. Strong computer skills including a well-rounded working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
12. Must be able to anticipate the needs of the company and/or clients and respond with appropriate sense of urgency based on needs/situations.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Experience in special events/sporting events
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Only candidates that apply through our online system will be considered.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please contact Shelly Wynia 612-673-1353 if you need for reasonable accommodation in applying.