*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a General Manager in Philadelphia, PA. This roles is responsible for leadership of the overall daily management, promotion and operation of the facilities; including oversight of all operating departments including without limitation, sales, booking, marketing, finance and accounting, human resources, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, purchasing, event production, plant operation and maintenance, and relation operations
This individual will have responsibility for the overall management, promotion, and operation of the facilities, including purchasing, booking, marketing, finance, human resources, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, production, maintenance, parking and related operations
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization.
- Negotiates and provides final approval on all lease agreements with vendors, contracts and agreements with event organizers, hosts, managers and agents.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all pertinent parties to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- Coordinates facility involvement with Convention and Visitors Bureau, as well as other appropriate destination marketing agencies
- Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include: matters of training and development; quality assurance; energy efficiency; safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
- Develops and implements facility goals in accordance with the management contract, the Client's objectives, corporate policy, and good business practice.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Assists and coordinates with the development of the annual operating calendar, activity schedules, and projections for attendance and/or revenue.
- Directs the development, administration and execution of all financial and operating reports including: capital expenses, operating revenue, expense budgets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
Reports to the Regional Manager/Vice President. Supervises all the locations senior staff. Incumbent must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Client/Contract Administrator, tenants, government departments and agencies, entertainment/convention industry, community and civic organizations to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- This individual must be a well-established leader and professional with a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in a senior management level position within an Arena or Stadium.
- The individual must be able to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of our industry.
- Incumbent must demonstrate business acumen with a client/customer service focus.
- A Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. Responsibilities may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.