*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
ASM GLOBAL, the leader in privately managed public facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Senior Human Resources Manager at ASM GLOBAL Oakland Arena and RingCentral Coliseum. This position oversees all Human Resources operations including employee and labor Union relations as well as administration and maintenance of all Facility Benefit Programs, consistent with ASM GLOBAL/Oakland Arena and RingCentral Coliseum policies by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads HR team, which includes a HR Administration Manager and Staff Scheduler, Events.
- Maintain HR presence during scheduled live events by attending live events and interacting with managers/employees and addressing any employee/union issues that may arise.
- Manage employee rewards/recognition program.
- Follows ASM GLOBAL Human Resources policies to ensure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains Company compliance with federal, state, and local regulations concerning employment.
- Administers strategic Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Represents HR department and participates in Departmental/Operations/Union meetings as required.
- Investigates employee relation issues and advises management on appropriate corrective action(s).
- Drafts job descriptions and posts jobs on ASM Careers website, internet job boards, and TeamWork.
- Full cycle recruiting to including sourcing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Maintains employee records and files. Assists on employee administration (i.e., enrolling in benefits, leaves of absence, vacation, sick leave, etc.).
- Coaches Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment prevention.
- Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and complex employee relations issues.
- Responds to employee/manager inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Liaison between finance and payroll departments.
- Other duties as assigned
This position directly supervises a HR Administration Manager and Staff Scheduler, Events and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM GLOBAL's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university.
- 5-7 years related experience; previous experience working in hospitality or facility/arena preferred.
- Labor relations experience working in an environment with multiple unions preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and resolve complex and sensitive human resource issues.
- Experience administering benefit programs.
- HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment/labor laws required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn applicable HRIS systems (e.g. ADP, WorkDay, ABI).
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Close vision for review of information on a PC monitor, as well as hard copy output.
- Manual dexterity for regular use of hands for typing is required.
- May spend long hours in sitting at computer viewing computer monitor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Human Resources Certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
- Previous experience working with ADP, ABI, WorkdDay or other HRIS Systems.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.