*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The ASM Global Director of Content Development and Creative Management will be tasked with developing, writing, editing and finalizing proposals, scope documents & RFP responses. This person will be an integral part of the Strategy & Business Development team, while managing the deal process internally and with prospective clients from early stage though closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the content (both writing/editing and overseeing design) of Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, Public/Private Partnership (P3) responses
- At the direction of the EVP S & BD, initiates and follows up on various new business proposals objectives, generating proposals, scope of work documents and Term Sheets
- Generate inter-departmental and inter-company support to ensure that proposals, projects, presentations, sales and marketing-related correspondence for new business ideas are created, reviewed and assessed and presented to the Senior Leadership team, if necessary ("due diligence")
- Assist in the development of business plans, pro forma projections, and other relevant business documents for prospective new business opportunities
- Work across the organization to mobilize relevant business resources (e.g., Finance, Marketing, Sales) for new and on-going project
- Prepare and develop other departmental reports, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the EVP of Strategy & Business Development
- Able to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Comfortable and accustomed to working on tight deadlines and managing a process that meets deadlines
- Creative in a way that best presents the company's credentials, attributes and resources to prospective clients
- Used to working independently, yet also willing to take direction and input from multiple sources leading to a cohesive finished product
- A documented self-starter with a demonstrated track record of taking the initiative on projects
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors' degree preferred in Marketing, Sales, Business or related field along with 4+ years' experience in the sports, entertainment or hospitality industries, related to business development and/or fulfillment at a team, agency facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing skills a must, with the ability to author creatively and edit effectively.
- Excellent presentation, problem solving and organizational skills
- Very strong business acumen, with both analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Result oriented with exceptional ability to identify opportunities and capitalize
- Collaboration skills are extremely important as the multi-level stakeholder model is often complex
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products as well as Adobe design tools (InDesign, Acrobat)
- Ability to remain self-motivated, always acting with integrity and in a strong ethical manner
- Must be able to operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office and Abode software suites of products
- A basic understanding of finance, principally income statements and forecasting
- A strong understanding of creative layout and design
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements
- Ability to work long, but flexible hours, based on the demands of partnership goals and the sports & entertainment schedule
- Workload will demand evening, weekend and sometimes holiday performance as needed
- Some travel will be required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move through airports, hotels and ASM facilities. Position may require lifting, step climbing, walking, and sometimes running; may be subject to physical confrontations; indoor and outdoor working conditions; irregular hours.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.