Position Title: Manager, Arena Operations
Department: Arena Operations
Reports to: Director, Arena Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salary
Union Code: Non-Union
Minimum Pay Rate: $70,000
Maximum Pay Rate: $80,000
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management company and producer of live event experiences. With over 350+ premier venues spanning worldwide, we operate and invest in the world's most important stadiums, arenas, convention centers and theaters, including entertainment districts and mixed-use developments. Beyond the walls of our venues, ASM Global is on the ground, working to invest in people, strengthen our communities, and protect the environment.
This role is responsible for the everyday facility operations of Barclays Center during events and non-event times. This position will assist with the planning and implementation of associated tasks as well as supervise the full and part-time employees to ensure proper completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: What You Will Do
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing all activities and personnel engaged in everyday operations, event staffing, set-ups, and changeovers at Barclays Center.
- Review event notes, and take a leadership role in the setup and breakdown of chairs, tables, pipe and drape, carpets, giveaways, etc. Additionally, collaborating with the Event Services department in setting up and converting conference rooms and ancillary spaces as necessary from event to event.
- Directs and motivates personnel in a manner conducive to full job performance and high morale
- Manage the Event Standby crew by taking dispatch calls; have trained team members (and equipment) readily available to respond to each request.
- Continuously review the departmental needs and lead repairs, maintenance, or special projects.
- Managing third party service providers by enforcing the agreed upon scope of services within the various signed service agreements.
- Establish and maintaining effective working relationships with VP, managers, supervisors, employees, patrons, clients, service providers and corporate sponsors.
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures for the Operations department.
- Ensure equipment and inventory of all Operations is maintained including but not limited to tools, tables, chairs, table covers, skirts, pipe and drape, carts, ladders, and all other related equipment.
- Works with Director of Arena Operations to assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and recommend an annual capital budget for long-range repairs and improvements to the facility. Authorize the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Plan, budget, and schedule facility repairs and modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for repairs and conversions.
- Supervise cost accounting expenses for overall budget including but not limited to house equipment rental, supplies and services purchased, event supervision and staff.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of budgets and staffing plans, recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating departmental personnel and service providers.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: Who You Are
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year).
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience and/or equivalent combination post baccalaureate of progressive management responsibility.
- Specific experience as it relates to an 18,000+ seat sports and entertainment facility, organizing and directing event requirements for sporting and entertainment arena events.
- Experience working with Unions and the related trades regarding work orders, building maintenance and projects.
- Working knowledge of tools and equipment related to managing a multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility.
- Must have the ability to meet with contractors to obtain estimates for capital projects and see projects through to completion. Setting timelines and adhering to building guidelines while working around the event calendar.
- Must have a continuous drive and passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests, employees, tenants, and teams.
- Ability to deal effectively with human resources and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with NBA, NHL/AHL, NCAA (hockey and basketball), FELD Entertainment, AEG Live, Live Nation and other concert and family show promoters preferred
- Arena Conversion experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
KEY COMPETENCIES: Skills You Possess
- Highly proficient in CMMS, and/or other automated systems.
- Understand and work from general instructions and specifications and follow blueprints, sketches, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.