ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company’s elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Office Manager will manage, direct, and organize the day-to-day administrative operations and functions for Allegiant Stadium. These responsibilities will include developing, organizing, and implementing effective administrative systems, policies, processes, and procedures as they relate to administrative functions such as - invoice approvals, ordering office supplies, purchasing, special event planning, budgets, and office equipment.
- Manage, direct, and organize the day-to-day responsibilities of front office and administrative staff to ensure efficiency
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Manage office supplies, inventory, and place orders as necessary
- Manage receptionist and monitor assigned task and duties; responsible for performance reviews, training, coaching, and corrective action plans.
- Manage office layout planning and office moves
- Develop and oversee office budgetary needs and expenses
- Provide administrative support as necessary, including organizing staff meetings and events, coordinating travel accommodations, maintaining calendars, conducting research, and creating ad hoc reports
- Handle special requests for clients, which may include game tickets, tickets to other events, merchandise, gifts, etc. that come through the General Manager
- Organize and maintain contracts in both hard copy and electronic formats; Initial drafting of contract documents by collecting and organizing relevant information from multiple sources, both internal and external, and using standard contract templates reviewing external client contracts.
- Track, log, and follow up on contract/proposal and respond to inquiries regarding the processing of contract documents.
- Manage special projects as assigned by leadership
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Human Resources, Business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Ability to multitask on a frequent basis
- Perform a variety of duties, without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors & employees
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Solid Microsoft Office Product Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel), and ability to learn required business systems.
- Experience with budget preparation and maintenance
- Ability to work on multiple project simultaneously and meet tight deadlines with a focus on details and accuracy
- Project Management experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadline with a focus on details and accuracy
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays with limited notice
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, as well as high profile clients (i.e., vendors, talent, talent management)
- Prior event production experience preferred
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.