Venue Smart is a rapidly growing, well established, and reputable nationwide event cleaning company that has an immediate opportunity for internship positions for the 2023 year with the prospect of full-time employment after a 6-month probationary period. We have cleaned a wide range of events from PGA tournaments, NFL Draft, Presidential inauguration, NASCAR, F1, Music festivals, Fairs and more. The successful candidate will have verifiable experience in Event/Sporting event management within or outside of their school, possess a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow from others in the company.
- Assist with planning all logistical elements for events including but not limited to hotels, flights, car rentals, etc.
- Generate required equipment and supplies list specific to assigned venue/event
- Track inventory of all equipment, uniforms, and supplies
- Assist with event budget creation and working within said budget
- Supervising temporary labor to complete assigned tasks
- Help with vehicle reports and maintenance scheduling
- Travel 75-90% for event implementation and management, start-to-finish of assigned project
- Must be able to keep your cool in stressful situations
- Ensure projects are complete on time and under budget
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty and pitch in
- Must have the ability to lead, think and react quickly to changes made by customers, unforeseen problems or due to weather
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office with heavy emphasis in MS Excel
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to drive pickup trucks and trailers with understanding of DOT requirements a plus but not required
- Basic Maintenance and Understanding of small engines is a plus but not required
Required Education or Experience:
Degree from the following area or similar a plus; Business, Management, Sports Management, Hospitality Management, Environmental studies. Experience within the followings areas is strongly preferred but not required: Event/Sports event management, waste management, ecology, or hospitality.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.