POSITION: Director of Operations, CSC West Point
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $45,000 to $50,000 a year plus benefits
LOCATION: West Point Military Academy, NY
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Director of Operations works directly with the West Point Military Academy Athletic Department to develop and implement Event Operations plan, develop job estimates, process job orders for West Point athletic events. Oversees scheduling of staff for events, manages events, directs Event Staff Supervisors and Event Staff, maintains integrity of the company, understands client and venue policies and procedures. Manages staff on gamedays and non-game days.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Four years of related work experience, two years of general experience in security, law enforcement or military police, or a combination of event management and security experience
- Bachelor or Associate degree from accredited college or university
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Security Guard License
- Oversees and schedules Staff for Events
- Serves as a principal source of information on rules and procedures governing security and other event management operations
- Manages supervisors/staff responsible for event coordination activities
- Coordinates details of events
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event
- Coordinates with athletic department to ensure the best way to carry out an event
- Prepares all paperwork, uniforms and equipment needed for event is available and the tasks assigned are completed as planned.
- Is present during the event and handle issues and problems as they arise before, during and after event.
- Oversee care and return of all issued equipment
- Walking significant distances, including up and down stairs, as may be needed to roam throughout the venue(s)
- General knowledge of computer operation, Microsoft Office Products; Must become proficient in company Workforce Management System
- Ability to maintain good client/customer relations and work in a team setting
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, applicants, customers or organization.
- Possess good verbal/written communication skills and people management skills
- Ability to work in a high paced, high pressure environment and make sound decisions fast
Established in 1967, CSC is the world leader in crowd management and event security. CSC
operates 49 branch locations throughout the United States and Canada. CSC's esteemed clientele base includes more than 150 stadiums and arenas, over 100 universities and colleges, more than 30 convention centers, and numerous clients within the professional ranks of MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NASCAR. CSC has also provided services for the world's most prestigious special events, including Collegiate Bowl Games, NCAA Final Four Tournaments, Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, US Open Tennis, Kentucky Derby, 30 Super Bowls, 10 Olympic Games, 4 Presidential Inaugurations, 3 Papal Visits, and 2 FIFA World Cups.