American Airlines Center JOB OPPORTUNITIES
At American Airlines Center, we believe our people are our best asset, and we offer many rewarding career opportunities with hands-on training.
If you are interested in working with us at American Airlines Center, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities available within the following categories:
- American Airlines Center
- Conversion Supervisor
- Works with immediate Manager and Event coordinators to establish list of items for changeover and provides continuous monitoring of the conversion process;
- Assists other staff members with preparation, actual set up, and completion including but not limited to inspections of event set-ups to ensure quality and workmanship is in compliance with event requirements, design standards and building codes;
- Assists the Operations Manager-Changeover with coordinating and scheduling the changeover crew
- Provides help in preparing for the next event
- Assigns projects and ensures that each project is followed through
- Operates Fork Lifts, Pallet Jacks, and Golf Carts
- Makes recommendations to department manager of all equipment and tools in need of repair and/or replacement
- Provides input and continuous monitoring of the changeover to maximize the efficiency of the changeover and the reduction of man hours expended to complete the changeover
- Helps in operational maintenance of the changeovers from event set-up to the actual running of the event
- Documents and completes all daily and preventive maintenance as needed for hockey field of play and basketball field of play
- Works cooperatively with all staff members, follows all safety procedures, rules, and OSHA standards
- All other duties as assigned
- High diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Work experience in construction field/manual labor field preferred
- Hands on experience in the changeover and set up of public assembly facilities involving NBA and or NHL tenants
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety standards
- Bilingual is preferred
- Forklift certification is preferred
- Position requires the ability to walk, use hands to handle or feel, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, reach with hands and arms and climb stairs;
- Lift up to 50 lbs without assistance up to 66% of the time
- Ability to work under tight time constraints;
- Ability to lift heavy loads in various weather conditions;
- Ability to work in various size spaces, including confined spaces.
- Clear vision at 20’, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and identify and distinguish colors
- Must be Able to walk on ice
- Must be able to climb and carry an 8 foot ladder by yourself
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, during events the noise level is generally loud
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT – JOB ACCOMODATION REQUESTS
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?