Oracle Arena & Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum are AEG Facilities-managed venues and Northern California's premiere sports and entertainment venues home to the Oakland Athletics (MLB), Oakland Raiders (NFL) and Golden State Warriors (NBA). Additionally, we host the top entertainers, family shows and special events at our venues.
The Vice President of Sales and Sponsorship is responsible for the development, implementation and fulfillment of all aspects of sales at Oracle Arena. This key role is responsible for establishing the strategies and philosophies that will drive the sales teams and plans to achieve targeted revenue objectives, ensuring that decisions drive the long-term success of the department and venues. The areas of focus include sponsorships, sales of tickets, VIP Packages, suites and private event space throughout Oracle Arena venues.
- Oversee the development of sales plans to achieve revenue objectives .
- Explore new opportunities and events that have potential to bring sponsorships to Oracle Arena. Review potential clients to evaluate possible partnership opportunities.
- Create and develop customized sponsorship presentations to potential and current high priority clients to create new sponsorship deals or continue partnerships.
- Evaluate historical data and reference guides to develop a strategy for creating sponsorships for specific events.
- Oversee the hiring, development, and training of the sales team, adapting the team’s focus based on the needs of the department and AEG. Practice and promote an environment of learning and growth and look for opportunities to expand responsibilities for high-performing employees.
- Lead the development of new and existing sales strategies for venue rental suite and group sales, VIP programs and packages, and premium event space. Develop new sales packages, pricing, and renewals for suites and premier sales that encompass all Oracle Arena inventory.
- Manage multiple expense and revenue budgets to ensure profitability.
- Ensure arena operations and suite customer service personnel work together effectively to ensure objectives and initiatives are achieved.
- Manage any sales and sponsorship projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 10 Years of related work experience of sales experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Extensive knowledge of brand, sales, and sponsorships
- Strong relationship skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn applicable business systems
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively write a business plan detailing all the products in the premium seating sales department
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of individuals from multiple business units to accomplish the goals of the company
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to consistently prioritize projects, meetings, and fast-changing schedules, while remaining productive and professional
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.