SPORTFIVE is a global sports business and marketing agency that utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering business partnerships. By delivering full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders, SPORTFIVE connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit. As a market leader with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, SPORTFIVE leads the sports business into the future through its digital solutions and aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
SPORTFIVE has over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries who active in soccer, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football, and many more.
Team and Job Overview
SPORTFIVE is seeking a Data & Insights Specialist to join the Agency’s Americas headquarters office in New York City. As part of the Strategy & Development department, the Data & Insights Specialist provides data and analytic services as required to all operating units within the organization. The Specialist is tasked with two core sets of responsibilities: i) ensuring accuracy, maintenance, and general data support for key client deliverables; and ii) sourcing, analyzing, and extracting insights from a wide range of data sources to support agency strategic planning, business development, and special projects. The Specialist works as part of an integrated team, but is also expected to be highly effective as an individual contributor.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Data Support for Key Client Deliverables
- Maintain a major client’s sponsorship policy, program, and governance information via web-based data portal. Make basic front-end (user interface) edits with the software content management system as needed.
- Attend and provide subject matter expertise on weekly client meetings and maintain clear lines of communication between all relevant stakeholders.
- Support SPORTFIVE client service teams with specific questions related to sponsorship strategy, asset valuation, deal negotiation, and ROI measurement.
Sourcing, Analyzing, and Extracting Insights from Data
- Pull data from syndicated research tools (e.g., YouGov, Global Web Index) and social media monitoring/listening services for regular client reports and requirements and for ad hoc assignments.
- Source, compile, and maintain data from public and private third-party sources (e.g, published Nielsen television ratings, sporting event attendance).
- Design, manage, and implement first-party data gathering initiatives, including custom research, focus groups, online surveys, and other tools.
- Summarize, synthesize, and analyze all sourced data to extract key insights, take-aways, and action items; reduce complex subjects to simple and actionable propositions.
- Monitor industry trends, action by competitor agencies, and other relevant subject and report on periodic basis to Agency senior management.
- Maintain relationships with research/data vendors and provide insight around new companies and offerings in the marketplace.
Qualifications and Traits
- Two to three years professional experience in a fast-paced professional services environment; agency or consulting experience is preferred but not required
- Prior experience with syndicated market and consumer research data sources (e.g., YouGov, Global Web Index) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including, by way of example only, ability to construct data filters, create Pivot Tables, and perform statistical and mathematical analyses)
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Must be able to be onsite at the NYC office a minimum of 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) subject to change
Compensation And Benefits
SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
Salary Range: $58,500 - $75,000
SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.