At TPH Academy, our core purpose is to lead the world in the holistic development of student-athletes, advancing in and beyond the game, the next generation of impact players. Today, we seek to identify a high-performing leader to deliver our core purpose to future student-athletes at our newest TPH Academy in the Waterloo region, Ontario.
The high-performing leader we are in search of is for the ultimate starting, first line, lead-off role that we call Director & Head of Hockey, a position tailor-made for an individual looking to combine hockey instruction, business, and mentorship all into one.
Organizational expectations for the Director & Head of Hockey role includes:
- Overseeing the athletic, academic and operations team
- Spearheading recruiting
- Developing business strategy
- Hiring and training team members
- Implementing TPH’s Hockey-Athlete Development Model
- Training hockey players on-ice
- Ensuring a quality, efficient operation as outlined by TPH
Attributes of a high-performing Director & Head of Hockey includes:
- Past playing, instruction, or hockey leadership experience
- Willingness to work, grind, and hone your craft in a role that requires the wearing of “multiple-hats”
- Clear, effective, proactive communication skills
- Exceptional prioritization and time management abilities
- Basic understanding of budgets and metrics related to financial forecasting and performance
- Openness to learn various software, technology, and programs utilized by TPH
- Adaptability and willingness to embrace a non-traditional work schedule with non-traditional hours
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Pay range for the position is $70,0000-95,000 CAD based on experience. Position comes with full benefits and an incentive package. The selected candidate will be required to complete all prerequisites for employment, including those required by Hockey Canada, the Ontario Hockey Federation, or any other governing body, including but not limited to background screening, Respect in Sport training, appropriate coaching certification, and other mandatory training courses.
TPH Academy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by Provincial legislation.