Choose 1 of the 3 internships we offer, as we have a HR, Marketing, and Coaching Emphasis. All three internships include the Art of Leadership and Sports Business Immersion. Interns will be a part of our Art of Leadership Seminars once a week, while being a part of our sports company doing youth sports coaching, while once a week having their HR, Marketing, or Coaching Specific Training.
The Art of Leadership Workshop Seminars:
Are you interested in pursuing a career in coaching, teaching/education, childcare, or management/leadership? If so, this virtual seminar program is a must add to your calendar. Each week, participants will attend a Virtual Workshop Seminar. Between seminars, participants will have access to our Leadership Audio Library and listen to our book of the week. Together, participants will hone the art of Leadership and Public Speaking. Development objectives include learning how to:
- Lead and motivate others
- Make learning and development fun
- Win others to your way of thinking
- Speak confidently in front of large groups of people
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise method
- Use contrast in your voice to entertain and hold people’s attention
- Analyze your audience and present in a way that makes your audience care
- Make people like you
- Become unforgettable
Sports Management Immersion:
Get experience becoming fully part of Play For A Stray beyond HR as you can practice working with the team alongside our Youth Sports Programs, and Fundraisers. See what it’s like to be a youth sports coach, and apply your leadership skills to the youth in this unique experience.
Human Resources (HR) Internship:
Collaborate with our Human Resources (HR) Director to get experience learning to:
- Assist in the process of job post creation and development
- Assist in the process, planning, and execution of the employee onboarding and training process
- Support in candidate recruitment via multiple hiring platforms
- Joining in on general director and leadership duties
- Participate in interviews and the hiring process with potential employees
- Support the HR manager in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in emails to current staff regarding various HR tasks such as newsletters, required documents, checkups
- Assist with plans for employee career growth, continuing education, health and wellness, and other benefits
- Brainstorm and possibly implement new ways to enhance the HR department
- Other duties as assigned.
Collaborate with our Marketing Director to get experience learning to:
- Assist in updating online content, including company website, social media blogs, and job postings, etc.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Applied understanding of basic marketing principles with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Support the marketing manager in daily administrative tasks.
- Support in monitoring all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
Work with our top coaches on the management team to focus on
- How to adapt to different age groups and skill levels
- How to write curriculum for different sports
- Youth behavior modification
- How to run a successful sports program
- How to maximize the fun of sports, enhancing passion, confidence and skills
- Public speaking for coaches
- Our 10 Step Coaching Method for teaching skills
- Coaching Safety
- How to become an unforgettable coach!
Must be at least 18 years with a High-School Diploma
- Must be able to pass a national background check.
- Must have regular access to a computer.
Summer Internship Schedule:
- Summer Internship Starts in June, end date depends on needs of Summer 2022 Intern Team
- Art of Leadership Workshop Seminars are held after 4pm.
Interns receive free admission to our Art of Leadership workshop seminars ($600 value).
Our internship program is approved for course credit by most colleges/universities in the Bay Area. We can customize our internship breakdown to meet the needs of a particular class, department, or institute
Interns who pass the internship program receive:
- The Art of Leadership Internship Program Certificate of Completion
- Signed Letter of Recommendation from Owner
- Required paperwork/evaluation for Course Credit
- Permission from Owner and HR/Marketing/Coaching Director to list as a professional reference on resume
Job Types: Part-time, Internship