NFL FLAG Officiating Coordinator
We are RCX Sports, the leader in youth sports experiences and events. While diverse in our offerings, we are the oﬃcial licensee and operating partner of NFL FLAG, JR NBA Leagues, NHL Street Hockey, MLB Jr. Pitch Hit and Run and MLS GO. At RCX Sports we are committed to improving the accessibility and inclusivity of sports by enhancing the youth sports experience and creating opportunities for all athletes to play.
As an NFL FLAG Officiating Coordinator, you will assist the Director of Officiating with all administrative responsibilities, coordination, and management of the NFL FLAG tournament officiating personnel and rules. You will assist with the strategic development and execution of the NFL FLAG Tournament model while serving as the NFL FLAG tournament officials lead and on-site primary point of contact for all NFL FLAG officiating staff at 20+ NFL FLAG Regional Tournaments throughout North America. In this role you will work with several internal and external partners to effectively execute national and regional NFL FLAG Tournaments. A successful person in this role will have a strong background in officiating NFL FLAG leagues and tournaments while also being organized, detail-oriented and an effective communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Act as primary lead on processing payments for independent contractor officials for 20+ NFL FLAG Regional and National Tournaments throughout the year
- Collaborate with the Director of Officiating to manage the NFL FLAG Officials Certification program including tracking progress, distributing material, and communicating updates
- Produce and distribute NFL FLAG rules training content to League Coordinators, coaches, and officials
- Act as the on-site RCX Sports NFL FLAG officials lead for 1-2 Regional Tournaments each month during tournament season
- Coordinate with RCX Sports Finance department to track and maintain appropriate documentation for all NFL FLAG officials to efficiently process officials payments
- Assist the Director of Officiating and League Manager of Officials with reviewing rules and officiating concerns from NFL FLAG League weekly summaries and produce regular updates, clarifications, and in-season training content on NFL FLAG rules and guidelines to League Coordinators, league operators, officials, coaches, and parents
- Assist the Director of Officiating and League Manager of Officials with responding to officials, league coordinators, customer service, parents, and coaches on rules clarification and updates
- Assist the RCX Sports team with the development and expansion of a network of officials throughout the country that can support NFL FLAG Regional tournaments
- Support the Director of Officiating and NFL FLAG League Manager of Officials with the recruitment and retention of officials throughout the country
- Assist the NFL FLAG League Manager of Officials and NFL Clubs with the official assignments as needed throughout the year
- Assist in the continued development RCX Sports Regional and National NFL FLAG Tournament model including locating venues in regional markets, official's assignments, and other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management, Business Management (or related field) from an accredited college or university (preferred)
- Current certification as an NFL FLAG Official (Preferred - Required completion within 90 days of hire date if not currently certified)
- Prior experience as a college athlete, coach, or official (preferred)
- 5 or more years of experience as an NFL FLAG official or referee
- 5 or more years of experience working flag football tournaments
- Prior experience in the management and assignment of officials or on-site tournament staff in the youth sports industry
- Prior experience in a leadership position with experience in training and developing direct reports (youth sports industry preferred)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to critically think under pressure with documented experience in processing multiple tasks requiring multiple systems and varying deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative-taking and driven professional mindset with a passion for the enhancement of youth sports across the country
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, G-Suite: Google Sheets, Slides and Docs, etc.
- Availability to travel and work on weekends and holidays
- Passion for collaboratively working in a team environment
More about the role:
Travel: Up to 40% of the time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 40-hours per week (some nights, weekends, and holidays required for NFL FLAG Regional Tournaments). OT-Exempt.
Location: Hybrid – Roswell, GA or Sylvan Lake, MI – This position will regularly work at least 3 days per week on-site at the RCX Sports office in Roswell, GA or Sylvan Lake, MI (candidate preference) and may occasionally work from home.
Reports to: Director of Officiating
Compensation Structure: This position is a Full-Time salaried position, paid semi-monthly and is eligible to receive discretionary annual bonuses based on RCX Sports and employee performance
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
What’s in it for you:
Stay Healthy: Enroll in comprehensive benefits & insurance plans with no waiting period
Be Well: Expense up to $65 per month for health & wellness
Maximize Savings: Contribute to your 401k retirement savings with company matching
Be Comfortable: Enjoy a relaxed casual dress code
Take Time: Enjoy paid parental leave to bond with & care for a newborn or newly adopted child
Stay Connected: Work equipment (laptop and monitor) provided by RCX Sports plus, expense up to $350 towards the purchase of a personal use laptop, tablet, or computer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
RCX Sports is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and team members without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations when necessary for team members and applicants with disabilities or handicaps, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of the job. Likewise, RCX Sports will comply with all legal requirements relating to accommodating religious beliefs and practices. If you believe that you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.