We are RCX Sports, the leader in youth sports experiences and events. While diverse in our offerings, we are the oﬃcial licensee and operating partner of NFL FLAG, Jr. NBA Leagues, NHL Street Hockey, MLS GO, and MLB Pitch Hit and Run. At RCX Sports we are committed to improving the accessibility and inclusivity of sports by enhancing the youth sports experience and creating opportunities for all athletes to play. By partnering with premier sports brands, professional leagues and businesses, RCX works to equip local youth sports leagues with the resources, training and tools they need in order to thrive.
As the Controller for RCX Sports you will support the Vice President of Finance and Business Analytics by providing oversight over all aspects of accounting for RCX Sports. You will play a critical role in supporting the finance department with month-end and year-end processes and manage accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank reconciliations, payroll, taxes, insurance, and expense reporting. You will lead, train, and develop your team to support all accounting and payroll processes for the company. To be successful in this role, you will have a strong background in accounting, excellent organization and time management skills, and have the ability to efficiently work cross-departmentally to support the growth of RCX Sports.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivables, bank reconciliations, payroll, and other finance responsibilities as directed by VP of Finance and Business Analytics
- Lead month end closing process and ensure all accounts are reconciled monthly in a timely manner
- Assist the VP of Finance and Business Analytics with establishing budgets, internal safeguards and systems controls, and internal financial processes, procedures, and workflows
- Oversee and develop RCX Sports accounting and payroll team to support the necessary accounting functions
- Maintain financial reporting systems, controls, processes to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements
- Develop and implement accounting procedures or financial policies, as necessary to align with company objectives and business strategy
- Provide regular updates on various financial reports assigned by leadership by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data
- Support the finance department with conducting internal audits, providing information to external auditors
- Provide financial reports and respond to requests for assistance from audit and tax firms, insurance representatives, and other external stakeholders
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field (Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or MBA preferred)
- At least 7 years of progressive responsibility experience in accounting (prior experience as a controller preferred)
- Expert understanding of financial principles, accounting practices, with the ability to train others on best practices
- Certified Public Accountant or prior experience in a public accounting firm, a plus
- Previous experience using Sage Intacct, a plus
- Effective communication skills to supervise and lead a team of direct reports and to convey complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of business operations and industry dynamics
More about the role:
Travel: Less than 10%
Work Schedule: Full-Time Monday – Friday (40 hours/week OT-Exempt)
Compensation Structure: Salaried (paid semi-monthly) this position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on employee and company performance
Location: Hybrid – Sylvan Lake, MI – This position will regularly work at least 3 days per week on-site at the RCX Sports office in Sylvan Lake, MI and may occasionally work from home.
Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Business Analytics
Supervisory Responsibilities: You will oversee a team of full-time and part-time direct reports
What’s in it for you:
Stay Healthy: Enroll in comprehensive benefits & insurance plans with no waiting period
Be Well: Expense up to $65 per month for health & wellness
Maximize Savings: Contribute to your 401k retirement savings with company matching
Be Comfortable: Enjoy a relaxed casual dress code
Take Time: Enjoy paid parental leave to bond with & care for a newborn or newly adopted child
Stay Connected: Work equipment (laptop and monitor) provided by RCX Sports plus, expense up to $350 towards the purchase of a personal use laptop, tablet, or computer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
RCX Sports is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and team members without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations when necessary for team members and applicants with disabilities or handicaps, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of the job. Likewise, RCX Sports will comply with all legal requirements relating to accommodating religious beliefs and practices. If you believe that you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.