We build the best mobile apps in sports.
Our digital and mobile products are used by 200+ sports clubs in the NFL, NBA, LaLiga, MLS, NHL, LigaMX, AFL (Australia), and more. Our Java/SQL/cloud infrastructure serves up terabytes of real-time content and sends billions of push notifications to tens of millions of fans globally. Our infrastructure involves databases, caches, load-balancers, replication, APIs, all of which must work in concert to provide sports fans a real-time game-day experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
A Project Manager at YinzCam must be capable of using digital project-management tools (e.g., JIRA, Asana, Confluence) to author detailed technical requirements, to track requirements, to ensure that the requirements are fulfilled, and to ensure that products are delivered in a timely manner to clients. The role involves using digital platforms, such as Content Management Systems, and understanding the inner workings of mobile apps, cloud-computing platforms, and other common technologies.
This is a writing-heavy role for someone who is a fast learner, who is responsive, who is capable of tracking projects/tasks, who enjoys being highly organized, who is extremely efficient, and who enjoys writing on a daily basis. This is also a role that requires someone to take initiative, to be intellectually curious, to take charge of their own learning, and to pick up things independently and quickly.
A Project Manager must be able to work the non-traditional hours of the sports industry. Sports teams schedule their games on evenings and weekends, and a Project Manager must be able to respond to clients' needs and questions during those peak critical times.
This position is an in-person role, based out of our offices in Pittsburgh.
Our philosophy has always been to promote from within, and we expect to grow our people into senior leadership positions. Starting from a Project Manager role, you will be given the personal coaching and ample opportunity, if you choose, to grow your career into an Account Manager, a Business Development Executive, or a Customer Success Manager.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the delivery of the projects of 15-20 sports clients, each of them with different deadlines and different technical requirements.
- Tracking these projects through from requirements all the way to delivery, including tracking project phases such as design, development, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, and launch.
- Writing detailed technical requirements and user stories in JIRA and Asana.
- Creating detailed JIRA tasks for developers and designers to work on.
- Running sprints, backlog grooming, sprint showcases, etc., for clients.
- Tracking the progress of all of the JIRA tasks on a daily basis.
- Using our Content Management System (CMS) to administer the mobile apps of our clients.
- Writing recaps of meetings with clients, and providing weekly status updates to clients.
- Verifying that test builds meet the product requirements prior to delivery to the client.
- Being available to answer our clients' questions about products/issues during games.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in the fields of science or engineering.
- 3+ years experience in JIRA
- 3+ years experience in JQL
- 3+ years experience in Asana
- 3+ years experience in Excel, including pivot tables
- Excellent technical-writing and product-documentation skills (this is a writing-heavy job)
- Highly organized, and deadline-oriented
- Willingness and ability to work the non-traditional hours of the sports industry, including weekends, evenings and holidays (when sports teams have their games scheduled), as needed.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Paid time off every year
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Full medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Paid Coursera plan to take 30,000+ courses globally
- 401(k) plan
- Paid gym membership
- Paid parking near the office
- Building products for well-known sports teams