We are looking for interns at several universities to join the Playmaker team. We are looking for sports lovers who will work to grow and run the University's Playmaker social channels. We strive to be the best in the sports media industry and are looking for someone who goes above and beyond to make Playmaker great.
The candidates we hire must be enrolled at the University of Oklahoma. If you are not currently enrolled at this university please do not apply.
Internship duties and responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day management of your college’s playmaker social channels and campaigns to ensure brand consistency
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
- Help implement an actionable growth and engagement plan for each social platform
- Actively post 1-2 times a day on the feed with school/party/sports-related content
- Stories should constantly look for other ways to engage - polls / Q&As / takeovers/tournaments
- Seek out UGC on various platforms and encourage follower submissions of funny content
- Engage and comment on other PlaymakerU viceroy pages’ content and general Playmaker pages. We are fostering a community, so interaction and collaboration are encouraged.
- More sports based than Instagram
- Live tweet games, events
- Hot takes, engage with beat reporters
- Join twitter spaces, become active in the community of your school's fans
Internship requirements and qualifications
- You must be enrolled at the university from the list above
- Strong understanding of your campus/school culture and traditions
- A good understanding of the college sports landscape and your
- Experience developing social media strategies.
- Plus if you have the ability to edit videos
- Strong knowledge of Instagram and Twitter
- Understanding of graphic design principles.
- Ability to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.