Gondola is looking for a qualified and charismatic Head of Social + Community Engagement to join our team! The ideal candidate is someone who is both creative and analytical, with previous experience building and moderating online communities. This person should have a strong Marketing and Social background, preferably in the tech or video gaming industries.
Our next Gondola Head of Social + Community Engagement will act as the face and voice of the brand, and should be comfortable engaging with both users and stakeholders online and in-person. The ideal candidate is comfortable managing multiple projects at once, and thrives working in a start-up environment. This person should have exceptional written and communication skills, and embodies a can-do mindset.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in marketing, community engagement and/or social strategy at a brand or agency.
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities.
- Experience managing a community for consumer brands, preferably in the tech or gaming industries.
- Ability to spearhead Marketing & PR efforts, in conjunction with the Development team.
- Ability to interface with current and prospective users on behalf of Gondola across various media channels.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies across all social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord and Reddit.
- Ability to organize campaigns, analyze metrics, set KPI’s, and present results.
- Proven track record building out Marketing and PR teams at a startup.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and the ability to optimize content for search engines.
- Ability to develop and manage paid media campaigns across various channels.
- Act as the face and voice of the Gondola brand.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive content and social media strategy that aligns with Gondola’s overall business objectives.
- Create and manage a comprehensive 360 content calendar to ensure a consistent output of engaging and high quality content across media channels.
- Identify social voice, tone and brand strategy.
- Responsible for daily copywriting, publishing and building communities across Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In, Instagram, Discord, Reddit and more.
- Responsible for building and executing community and social media engagement strategies on behalf of Gondola.
- Build relationships with community users through effective tactics including but not limited to: daily interactions across social channels, customer surveys, tutorials, in-person and virtual events, and more.
- Act as the community’s voice and advocate within the development team, to ensure Gondola is listening to and reacting appropriately to user feedback.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content and social media campaigns, and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the day-to-day operational duties surrounding Gondola’s online communities, including newsletters, blogs, social media channels, and other community initiatives.
- Be the community expert on the team, able to help the team decide what is most important to Gondola users.
- Spearhead creative direction + ideate, create and oversee content development for all channels, including marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the design team to effectively produce marketing assets in a timely manner.
85K - 115K DOE