Fan Controlled Sports + Entertainment is looking for a Java Engineer who loves coding and technology to lead our backend team. We have an extensive microservices architecture that you will be adding to, improving, refactoring, and owning. We are quickly ramping up our team size, and you will have the potential to be a tentpole in our organization. You should have a passion for technology and be able to deliver excellence in everything you do, bringing energy and enthusiasm to the team.
- Design, develop and modify software systems and custom components using modern dev stack
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers
Analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components
Analyze and understand user requirements to derive technical software design and performance requirements
- Plan, estimate, track, manage deliverables in sprints, and long-term deployments, participating in meetings and organizational exercises
- Peer code review, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Keep up-to-date on the latest industry trends
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- 2+ years building and consuming microservices that are robust, scalable and secure
- Experience with any relational database such as MySQL, PostGres, Oracle etc
- Prior experience with web and application servers such as Apache and Tomcat
- 2+ years working with various AWS technologies
- Experience taking provided code and re-writing it in the same (or another) language
- Knowledge of development processes (agile, scrum, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging and solving technical issues
- Prior experience or comfortable using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Comfortable using build tools such as maven and source control systems such as git
- Comfortable working in Linux based environments
- Demonstrated understanding of how various technical platforms interact with one another
- Communication platforms you should be comfortable with include GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Jira, Confluence
- Prior experience collaborating across departments, or interactions with product or game teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to establish rapport and trust with vendors and employees
- Must be able to work independently in remote environments
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
Nice to Have:
- Interest in sports or gaming
- Background or experience operating as a full-stack developer in prior roles
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Experience in a prior startup
- Prior experience with load testing, application profiling and performance tuning
- Prior experience with SQL tuning
About Fan Controlled Sports & Entertainment (FCSE)
Fan Controlled Sports + Entertainment (FCSE) combines the best of traditional sports, video games and web3 to create an entirely new category of interactive sports. Fans own, build, and manage their teams, draft the players and call all the plays in real-time using FCSE’s patented digital technology.
FCSE first launched Fan Controlled Football (FCF) in Spring 2021 and in just two seasons we've changed the game by putting fans at the center of the experience. In February 2023, FCSE will be launching Fan Controlled Hoops, bringing our model of a dynamic, disruptive, and engaging interactive sports experience to professional basketball.
FCSE is backed by major corporate partners, venture capital firms, and celebrities, along with several well-known football and gaming fans from around the world of sports and entertainment.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity for remote work pending the requirements of your role (working located in US time zones)
- Open PTO and Sick Time policy
- Medical, dental, vision, and FSA/HSA benefits
- Company paid short term disability, and supplemental offerings for life insurance, long term disability and the opportunity for 401k contribution
- 9-12 paid holidays per year
- Opportunity to hit the ground running and be a builder of an organization; FCSE is in high growth mode.
Do you think anew and think differently about challenges, often starting with a blank sheet of paper? Are humility and collaboration part of your DNA? Do you enjoy collaborating with people who have diverse backgrounds and styles? If you answer yes to these questions, and you like to have fun, work hard, and celebrate with your teammates then Fan Controlled Sports & Entertainment (FCSE) is perfect for you. This team exudes an “all hands on deck” attitude, with a work hard, play hard mentality.
Additional Qualifying Information
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa. We work in US time zones and expect team members to do the same.
At FCSE diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the foundation of everything we do in our business, organization, and culture. We encourage, facilitate, and promote diversity of both people and thought, and difference in support of our employees, stakeholders, and partners because it makes us better -- better as a company and better as a team. FCSE is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Fan Controlled Sports & Entertainment makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.