TITLE: Lead Product Owner
REPORTS TO: Head of Product
The Lead Product Owner is a seasoned mobile gaming, online gaming, or digital media product executive with significant startup chops. You enjoy leading from the front by rolling up your sleeves, specifying products which surprise and delight your users, collaborating with a world class team, and tackling the tough decisions/challenges that face early stage start-ups. This role requires you to be enthralled in the video gaming space, and understand both video game design and clean gamer focused UI. Ideally, you’d also be a sports fan with experience playing fantasy sports or a gamer who understands fantasy sports mechanics – or hopefully both!
As a strategic thinker you understand business needs, critical timelines and the necessary decision making that is needed to enhance, nurture, and develop an innovative organization. You thrive working in a fast paced environment, have an open-door policy, are a collaborative thinker and can deliver. As an individual contributor you are not concerned about getting your hands dirty – no job is too small or beneath you.
As a Lead Product Owner you have a flexible, well-honed, inclusive and efficient product process that takes ideations and requirements and turns them into measurably correct product in a timely fashion. As a video gaming and Twitch enthusiast, you understand core gaming concepts such as player onboarding, seamless tutorialization, player progression systems, game play loops, monetization and “finding the fun”. You can spot the “meta” loop in a game as it progresses and know when to lean into it. Intellectually curious, with a no-bs approach to leadership, possess the ability to quickly mentor and recruit your talent to reach their full potential, and understand how to beat the clock and understand when business needs should be dictated.
- Drive the strategy for our existing live product and define/manage the product roadmap for future needs.
- Be the voice of the fan within the company and refine the fan journey.
- Align and drive consistency of the UX across platforms.
- Ideate and manage definition of cutting-edge game mechanics for product integration.
- Define integration touchpoints between the digital product, broadcast product and the game product on the field, with a particular focus on interactivity and a next-gen viewing experience.
- Partner closely with project management and technology team members to build and deliver product updates on time and within budget.
- Design industry leading interactive consumer experiences.
- Participate in defining Business Intelligence requirements and reporting for products and systems.
- Leverage learnings from BI data and A/B testing activities to inform product direction, optimizations and improvements.
- Partner closely with other vertical teams to ensure successful deployment of cross company initiatives.
- Create customer segments, and identify users’ needs, and build experiences that address resulting opportunities.
- Think big about how to evolve our customer experiences, specifically as it relates to the intersection of the physical and digital worlds.
- Be operationally-minded, deliver results, and execute quickly on products.
- Bring a unique Product and UX perspective heavily informed by your gaming expertise (and to a lesser extent, sports) to the team and help everyone grow and improve.
- 3-5+ years of product management experience.
- Demonstrated success in taking consumer digital media and/or online gaming products on mobile and web platforms from concept to launch and beyond.
- Startup experience, specifically in gaming / eSports related businesses.
- Strong social media ecosystem understanding, including how social media impacts gaming communities and growth.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis.
- Experience with data-driven product decisioning.
- Proven experience with A/B testing and user testing.
- Extensive expertise with mobile, web and service analytics solutions and integrating those solutions effectively into consumer products to derive actionable intelligence.
- Strong command of agile development processes, rituals and artifacts with specific experience with the Atlassian toolset.
- Product methodologies strongly based in Lean Agile principles.
- Expertise in all aspects of Product Development Lifecycle with an Agile focus.
- Experience collaborating to deploy and operate high-availability, production instances of consumer facing mobile and web digital media applications and products with substantial traffic volumes and large spikes in demand
About the FCF
WTF is FCF? Fan Controlled Football (FCF) is a professional football league controlled by the fans. FCF is pro football re-imagined for the modern digital world via a completely new business model. Real games are played in a single, hi-tech studio arena and streamed live on Twitch and other platforms. This is an interactive sports league built with the fans in charge of every aspect of the game utilizing our patented digital technology. FCF is backed by major corporate partners along with a slew of well-known football and gaming fans from around the world of sports and entertainment.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity for remote work pending the requirements of your role (expected to work in US time zones)
- Medical, dental, vision, and FSA/HSA benefits
- Competitive salary, directly correlated with experience
- Open PTO policy
- 9-12 paid holidays per year
- Opportunity to hit the ground running and be a builder of an organization; FCF is in high growth mode.
Are you passionate about football, sports, entertainment, digital, gaming, and popular culture? Do you think anew and think differently about challenges, often starting with a blank sheet of paper? Are humility and collaboration part of your DNA? Do you enjoy collaborating with people who have diverse backgrounds and styles? If you answer yes to these questions, and you like to have fun, work hard, and celebrate with your teammates then FCF is perfect for you. This team exudes an “all hands on deck” attitude, with a work hard, play hard mentality.
Additional Qualifying Information:
• Documentation of COVID-19 Vaccination may be required for in-person activities in coordination with company policies.
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
At FCF diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the foundation of everything we do in our business, organization, and culture. We encourage, facilitate, and promote diversity and difference in support of our employees, stakeholders, and partners because it makes us better -- better as a company and better as a team. FCF is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Fan Controlled Football League makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Fan Controlled Football League ( https://www.fcf.io/)