Title: Director of Sponsorship
Reports to: Head of Revenue
The Director of Sponsorship will work to drive new sponsorships for the organization by creating exciting new partnership opportunities for corporate businesses and local entities. This role will help create and pitch all sponsorship packages and collaborate closely with the sponsorship activation team and strategic partnerships team to ensure partnerships go from “sold” to “fulfilled”. Reporting to the Head of Revenue, this role is responsible for knowing our capabilities and sales opportunities inside and out, creating innovative packages that help sponsors get in front of their core audiences. This role requires clear communication skills, expert relationship building abilities, and organized interactions with multiple different groups.
- Develop, meet or overachieve new business sales targets by generating new sponsorship revenue from organizations ranging from the local level to Fortune 500 companies
- Develop, build, and maintain relationships with prospective and current sponsors by prospecting, cold calling, holding client meetings, cultivating relationships, etc. by identifying and prioritizing prospective corporate partners through various channels
- Develop, review, edit and pitch sponsorship proposals in collaboration with support from the Director of Sponsorship Activation to ensure delivery
- Focus on developing innovative, sellable business platforms for new business prospects
Collaborate with the activation team to develop new and innovative programming within client's marketing objectives to maximize their value
Collaborate with partnership team on distribution media packages for new and existing partners
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned from Head of Revenue or Chief Commercial Officer
- Facilitate meetings with potential partners at games and events to help highlight the venue and feature partnership capabilities.
- 3-5 years of experience selling sponsorships or corporate partnerships for a local sports organization in and around the Atlanta area
Understanding of and/or experience in selling digital audiences, commercial spots and airtime
Proven track record of developing and managing highly strategic corporate partnerships; strong prospecting, analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Currently maintain a solid network of clients at brands and agencies to call upon
- Start-up mentality, willing to dig in on anything and everything
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Capable of interfacing with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively, by being able to alter communication style as needed
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, solution-oriented
- High-energy leader with a passion for selling
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities
- Strong collaborator and able to influence inter-departmentally, in a very dynamic and flexible environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficient in G-Suite: Google Sheets, Slides and Docs
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, long hours, and travel as needed
About the FCF
WTF is FCF? Fan Controlled Football (FCF) is a professional football league controlled by the fans. FCF is pro football re-imagined for the modern digital world via a completely new business model. Real games are played in a single, hi-tech studio arena and streamed live on Twitch and other platforms. This is an interactive sports league built with the fans in charge of every aspect of the game utilizing our patented digital technology. FCF is backed by major corporate partners along with a slew of well-known football and gaming fans from around the world of sports and entertainment.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity for remote work pending the requirements of your role (expected to work in US time zones)
- Medical, dental, vision, and FSA/HSA benefits
Competitive salary, directly correlated with experience
- Open PTO policy
- 9-12 paid holidays per year
- Opportunity to hit the ground running and be a builder of an organization; FCF is in high growth mode.
Are you passionate about football, sports, entertainment, digital, gaming, and popular culture? Do you think anew and think differently about challenges, often starting with a blank sheet of paper? Are humility and collaboration part of your DNA? Do you enjoy collaborating with people who have diverse backgrounds and styles? If you answer yes to these questions, and you like to have fun, work hard, and celebrate with your teammates then FCF is perfect for you. This team exudes an “all hands on deck” attitude, with a work hard, play hard mentality.
Additional Qualifying Information:
• Documentation of COVID-19 Vaccination may be required for in-person activities in coordination with company policies.
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
At FCF diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the foundation of everything we do in our business, organization, and culture. We encourage, facilitate, and promote diversity and difference in support of our employees, stakeholders, and partners because it makes us better -- better as a company and better as a team. FCF is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Fan Controlled Football League makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Fan Controlled Football League ( https://www.fcf.io/)