) is disrupting legacy sports betting by launching Betr Gaming & legacy media by launching Betr Media. Betr Gaming, is our online sports betting business focused on simplifying and improving the user experience for the casual sports fan. Betr Gaming began with a microbetting-only product, allowing users to bet on individual plays in sports, such as the next pitch, play and basket rather than a game’s outcome, but we’re expanding its product offering to include full sportsbook capabilities. Betr Media is focused on a mix of both our original creator-driven content & premier talent, driving strong brand affinity. Betr Media has proven its success as it continues to reach a mass audience as one of the fastest growing sports betting media brands in the United States on social!
Betr was founded in 2022 by Joey Levy, an industry leader in sports betting and founder of Simplebet, and Jake Paul, a top athlete influencer and media mogul. Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Florida Funders, & more. Our mission is to make sports & betting Betr!
About the role:
The betr team is seeking a highly skilled PHP backend developer to join their team. The primary focus of this role will be to contribute to the development and expansion of the current Laravel betting platform. You will be working alongside a team of five experienced PHP developers who are responsible for handling the core business functions of betr's gambling application. Please note that this position is specifically for backend development and does not involve any frontend work. Join us and be a part of an exciting team working on cutting-edge technology!
- Build amazing consumer experiences, taking responsibility for code quality, scalability, reliability and performance
- Like to work remotely on complex problems
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Have strong communication skills, the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts across teams, & understand the value of over communication (engineering teams succeed and fail based on the level of communication)
- Practice disciplined software engineering, are passionate about writing clean, readable code, & are constantly striving to improve the code you encounter
- Have worked in a scrum environment, understand, and want to contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our development infrastructure and processes
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Experience with Laravel
- A lifelong, passionate sports fan with a deep understanding of how to engage fans
- 5+ years of experience writing code on the PHP
- Know more than 1 programming language
- Understand the value of writing unit tests
- Experience working remote
- Knowledge of database design and SQL
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage & ensure quality work (completeness & accuracy)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Self-motivated and able to drive initiatives from end-to-end
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities
Benefits @ betr:
- Competitive compensation and equity ownership
- Medical, Dental, Vision (100% coverage from Betr)
- Generous, Unlimited Time Off Policies
- Full equipment setup
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.