A new USL ownership group is finalizing plans to begin play in the Northeast in Spring 2019, and the Club is actively seeking an executive to oversee the project. Applicants chosen for interviews will be asked to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to receiving additional information (e.g., city, stadium, ownership group, etc.).
This position will have responsibility and oversight of the selling and activation of all team partnerships. This position will report to the Club President.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Manage and provide strategic direction for day-to-day department operations and overall corporate sales function (including personal selling of sponsorships).
● Define and manage all stadium and team assets.
● Generate sales & partnership marketing of all sponsorship inventory (e.g., team, stadium, etc.).
● Implement organized systems, process, and measurements to effectively and efficiently manage department. Responsible for department budget, including revenue and expense forecasts.
● Development and distribution of sponsorship proposals and materials.
● Hire department staff and help to facilitate ownership’s goal of creating a first-class environment for a professional soccer team.
● Maintain communicative and collaborative working relationships with other internal departments.
● Act as Club ambassador within the business community.
● Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Club.
Essential Skills, Experience & Abilities:
● Strong sales and sales management background with proven track record of success in professional team sports, large sports-related media companies, major sports/entertainment events and/or other related industries.
● A proven strategic thinker who will embrace the sales process in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
● Team player with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management and clientele.
● Relationship builder, with a focus on long-term partnerships.
● Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.