Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The USL is the largest and fastest growing professional soccer league in the world. Partnered with the MLS, USL teams are owned by some of the top owners from the NBA, MLS, MLB, MLL, MiLB, NHL, NBA D-League. The League’s 10,000 square foot office is located in Tampa, FL and has a staff of over 40 sports business professionals.
The purpose of this internship is to provide aspiring sport business professionals a better understanding of the operations of a youth soccer league. Through this internship, you will gain real work experience and have an opportunity to assist with the organization’s regular season, scouting events and other special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Super Y League season items with a focus on data retrieval and input
o Process match and referee reports with respect to statistics, discipline, and minimum standards
o Maintain player discipline and minimum standards database
- Participate in PR/Marketing initiatives as needed
o Assist in creation and dispersal of marketing presentations
o Perform market research and compile reports when necessary
o Reach out to SYL customers and collect data on consumer experience
o Record information in databases and create reports as needed
- Determine operational needs and procedures and communicate them to the relevant parties
- A specialized focus on customer service
- Perform other tasks as directed by the SYL staff
- Current college student, working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field and eligible to receive credit for this position.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills are required
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Background in soccer preferred
Director, Youth League Operations
Start Date to End Date
May 1st – August 4th Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.