A new USL Expansion Club is finalizing plans to begin play in the Midwest in Spring 2019, and the ownership group is actively seeking an executive to oversee the project.
The COO position will oversee all business aspects of the organization and will coordinate soccer operations with the club’s MLS affiliate. This position will be the top executive for the USL expansion franchise and will report to the President of the ownership’s larger sports entity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Develop and implement business plan for new professional soccer franchise.
● Lead and direct Club business operations.
● Coordinate all soccer-related activities and operations with the club’s MLS affiliation
● Work with President to hire a highly-driven staff and other personnel with the vision of building a first-class organization.
● Help create and lead execution of sponsorship, ticket sales, external marketing, public relations and community relations plans.
● Oversee and provide strategic direction for day-to-day operations, including monitoring and forecasting revenue and expenses.
● Implement, grow, and foster a sales-driven, entrepreneurial, hard-working culture.
● Represent the Club at a multitude of community and media events as the “face” of the Club.
● Serve as the primary liaison for Soccer organization interface and relationship with Baseball and Facility Operations.
● Other duties as requested by Club ownership.
Essential Skills, Experience & Abilities:
● Entrepreneurial, highly driven leader with at least five years of professional sports sales experience.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
● Must be a team builder and team player able to manage across a diverse organization.
● Quick-learner with experience handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
● Ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, partners and clientele.
● Creative thinker who generates ideas and finds solutions.
● Demonstrated capacity to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
● Professional soccer experience and an understanding of sports business required.