Perform as the Mascot, Pete the Pelican, at home games, team events and outside community appearances. Provide entertainment consistent with the established and unique personality of Pete the Pelican and the Rowdies' brand. The ideal candidate has experience as a mascot, possesses excellent non-verbal communication skills, has dance skills and has a creative and humorous personality. The Mascot will collaborate with all departments to ensure the fulfillment of event goals.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment screening.
- Strong work ethic, dedication and reliability.
- Strong non-verbal communication skills.
- Professional commitment to treat the Mascot's identity and physical description as if it were any other highly sensitive team information (i.e. strictly confidential).
- Must possess an extraordinary level of creativity, energy, and spontaneity.
- Good interpersonal skills and likeability (especially with children).
- Good with spontaneous crowd-interaction.
- Performing arts training (acting, dance, mime, comedy, improvisation, gymnastics) preferred.
- Ability to handle the physical stress of mascot performance.
- Choreography and/or skit-writing experience preferred.
- General knowledge of sports, especially soccer preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.