The Group Sales Account Executive is responsible for generating new revenue and renewing current business through the selling of tickets and groups sales programs for the RGV Toros, HEB Park, RGV Vipers and Bert Ogden Arena Revenue will be generated via phone calls, prospecting new business and program ideas, referrals, cross-selling season and partial ticket plans, face-to-face presentations and in-arena appointments with a strong focus on relational selling and customer retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Continuously look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through seat visits, prospecting, referrals and other ticket sales initiatives (sales booths, in-house events and off-site community events)
• Continually creates and implements unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
• Manage accounts to exceed established sales goals; Conduct high amounts of new business calls daily
• Meets and exceeds established monthly and annual sales objectives.
• Meets the minimum requirements of pre-determined goals for outbound calls per day, meetings per week etc.
• Attends networking events in the community to generate new business prospects
• Maintains accurate and detailed records of all current clients and prospects with our software system
• Provides excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and at games
• Commits to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices through weekly meetings and one-on-one sessions.
• Works games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university in Sales or Marketing or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 2 years experience in successful sports ticket sales
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Knowledge in AXS Back Office, Microsoft Dynamics or other ticketing and CRM software preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Follows instructions, respond to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to oversee complex projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, work within budgets, with the ability to set priorities and manage several projects simultaneously required
• Highly organized, resourceful, detailed-oriented, quick learner and time management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
• Must have the ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on Client and Guest Services, entrepreneurship and building & growing a strong business is essential
• Be comfortable making cold calls on the phone
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours