Kaw Valley FC (KVFC) is a USL2 pre-professional soccer team that is based in Lawrence and Topeka, KS. KVFC competes in the Heartland Division of the Central Conference. Last season, the team finished in the Elite Eight out of 74 teams in the league. KVFC is a Developmental Partner of Sporting Kansas City (MLS).
- Unpaid but willing to work with school for "credit" internship or for resume/portfolio building
- Emphasis on sport
- Intern will be responsible for Game Day public announcement write ups and reads and other duties as assigned
- Hours: 5 hours at every home game and necessary hours during the week to complete PA scripts.
- Travel to Lawrence, Topeka, or Manhattan for the 8 home games. Potential for travel to Kansas City for playoffs in July.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Self-motivating and eager to succeed.
- Demonstrate leadership and innovation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Experience with public speaking is preferred.
- Preferred experience or knowledge of soccer.
Internship Time frame: May – July (with the potential to be involved in pre-season events beginning in March)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.