Position: Manager, Partnership Development
The sport of soccer has experienced unprecedented growth in the United States in recent years. This is demonstrated by a variety of metrics -- including fan interest, media coverage, the overall expansion of teams and the increased investment of ownership groups from other professional leagues. The USL Championship will feature 31 professional soccer clubs across the U.S. participating in the 2022 season and includes a nation-wide distribution partnership with ESPN that puts all league matches on the ESPN family of networks.
San Diego Loyal SC is a USL Championship franchise that launched in 2020 and made its first playoff appearance in 2021. With an exceptional staff and supportive ownership, Loyal SC is building a first-class professional sports franchise while also helping to elevate the city.
San Diego Loyal is actively seeking a key revenue generator to help join the team and achieve the goal of becoming a ‘best in class’ club in the league.
This position will have responsibility of prospecting, proposing, selling and cultivation of team partnerships. This position will report to the Vice President, Partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate sales & partnership marketing of all sponsorship inventory (e.g., team, stadium, etc.).
- Assist with defining and identifying all team and stadium assets.
- Utilize strategic research and prospecting skills to discover and establish new potential partnership and premium client opportunities for the team.
- Assist in development and distribution of sponsorship proposals and materials.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing partners and premium clients through engagement on a personal and meaningful level.
- Maintain communicative and collaborative working relationships with other internal departments.
- Act as Club ambassador within the business community.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Club.
Essential Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- 5 years of sports & entertainment sponsorship & ticket sales experience is required.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to provide clients with marketing-based solutions.
- Creative thinker who is not limited by standard practices in the sports industry, with a strong desire to develop 'first of its kind' partnership programs.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to comfortably pitch business to all levels of a corporate office.
- Ability to strategically prospect and make contact with key decision makers in a personable way.
- Strong sales and sales management background with proven track record of success in professional team sports, large sports-related media companies, major sports/entertainment events and/or other related industries.
- A proven strategic thinker who will embrace the sales process in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to execute agreed upon deliverables and over-deliver on potential engagement and success metrics.
- Ability to work cohesively and in a collaborative fashion with activation or service staff members to execute partner deliverables.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Team player with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management and clientele.
- Relationship builder, with a focus on long-term partnerships.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.